Diablo® III

The red outline on units looks terrible

1 Troll Warrior
I know this has been brought up before, but after watching more streams, the colors that illuminate around targets looks awful.. What is the deal
Reply Quote
Maybe they should just make the outline a bit smaller or give people the option of turning it off. I also dislike how it looks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I think it's great. Let's me know exactly which mob my mouse is over.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I disagree, I think they have the right colors, and the right brightness. I really like the blue color they chose for stuff that isn't an enemy, and the red fits the game theme perfectly.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
They need to make the line much thinner it shows up way too much
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
Nm, the line looks horrible as I just watched some stream.. This is outrageous imo. They need to have an option to turn it off
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure Bash already stated in a previous post that the red lines were most likely going to be an option that can be toggled on and off.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Speculaas
I think it's great. Let's me know exactly which mob my mouse is over.

isn't that what the cursor was meant to do in the first place...?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
09/24/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Grundlemung
I'm pretty sure Bash already stated in a previous post that the red lines were most likely going to be an option that can be toggled on and off.

Grundlemung can you find this post anywhere? Where/when might you have seen it?
Reply Quote
They should have a slider in the options which makes it thicker or thinner, and if you don't want it at all, off.

That would be nice.
Reply Quote
I like it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/24/2011 05:02 PMPosted by tronbie
sn't that what the cursor was meant to do in the first place...?

When you have a pile of mobs that look very similar, but you know one of them is a priority, it helps to have the highlight.
Reply Quote
While playing I don't even notice it. Feels like natural highlight for the target in my opinion.
There will be hard ecounters and you really need to be sure which mob you are targeting.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
Yeah it does, though it seems to show up on some monsters more than others. I really hope there are "Highlight Options" to choose from, say, a soft white glow like D2, a hard red outline like now in D3, or maybe a circle under the monster's feet or base.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]