Diablo® III

Anyone else excited about the Random aspect?

I notice a lot of items have listed anywhere from +1-+6 random attributes which means even among legendary items you will have some that stand out among the rest or fit one build over another, I cant wait
Reply Quote
Yes, it's quite an excellent idea on Blizzards part. Will make finding the "best" item even harder.

:D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
They know this means people will pay big bucks for really good modifiers on really good Legendaries on the RMAH. This is their plan to keep people hooked and keep the RMAH money flowing.

Even if you get "a" Legendary you want, there will almost always be a significantly better version of the same legendary item for you to upgrade to.
Reply Quote
of course, it's kept the franchise alive for 15+ years
Reply Quote
I'm wondering about the number of modifiers though. They really pale in comparison to the number of mods weapons used to have in LoD which could have half a page worth of mods. So far, 6 or 7 seems to be the most on the largest of weapons. Is this just because the page is incomplete or are the items just simplified nowadays.

PS Dear Blizzard bring back an elite Shadowfang sword to go with Azurewrath. Yes this is my new sig.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 05:03 PMPosted by TBash
I notice a lot of items have listed anywhere from +1-+6 random attributes which means even among legendary items you will have some that stand out among the rest or fit one build over another, I cant wait

hell yes. it adds much needed variance and trading instead of just "oh i found this item. i won the game."
Reply Quote
Hopefully blizzard won't but worthless bonuses on rare items =/
Reply Quote
just means more variety which is always good, plus if you ever had a problem with one stat on the legendary you got you can look for another.
Reply Quote
I hope the game include more gameplay mechanic defining stats like Cannot be frozen, Freeze target, Prevent monster heal, Crushing blow, Chance to cast x on hit/when struck, +Attack against specific monster types, Lowers enemy resistance, +Skill levels (could still work in D3 by raising effective caster level), Open wounds, Hit blinds target, Ignore target defense, Knockback, Skill on equip, or any number of modifiers that visually change the game dynamic.
Reply Quote
I just hope you can have one of those "Random Attributes" being more of one of the other Attributes.... like if The Khan could have a Random of + more MF... imagine a max of 21% would mean 75% exactly or even 51% additional (105% if it rolled base 54%) ..... that would be a drool worthy weapon ;)
Reply Quote
I wonder if any of the random properties can be repeats of whats already on an item? and in that case if it would just add to the property already listed, Who knows but i hope things like % to class damage can be a random property or things like attack speed and what not. Fingers Crossed
Reply Quote
The best items would probably be ethereal with self repair mod. I can picture everyone wearing invisible weapons and armor
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 06:41 PMPosted by StAcKaNaToR
The best items would probably be ethereal with self repair mod. I can picture everyone wearing invisible weapons and armor

Assuming there will be Ethereal item types in Diablo 3...
Reply Quote
Also, funny thing here about random affixes.

So, let's say there's a lower to mid-end item that has great stats but is lacking in damage. Bam, you find one of these Legendaries and the random affix(es) add tons of Attack or Damage and bring it up to snuff with the best of the best.

Very cool!
Reply Quote
i am excited about randoms, but honestly that could really kill people inside.

just picture this, items will be really rare, so when we do get a legendary end game item it will be really important for the average gamer

so when you roll stats that are less than welcome on a item, (like getting +exp on a lvl 60 item)you will be dissapoint

just throwing that out there
Reply Quote
What I am wondering about as far as random attributes go is whether +3 random attributes mean that each +1 is worth a certain number of points in a stat and whether those can stack, for example each +1 giving +20 attack stacking to +60 attack on a single items. Even that is unlikely to happen, even if it is possible, it would be interesting for min/maxing the best version of the best equipment.
Reply Quote

just picture this, items will be really rare, so when we do get a legendary end game item it will be really important for the average gamer

so when you roll stats that are less than welcome on a item, (like getting +exp on a lvl 60 item)you will be dissapoint

Yeah, hopefully blizzard devs have thought of stuff like that to remove that from the pool of possible attributes given certain circumstances. Although if they don't it creates an even greater value for the items that do turn out perfect or near-perfect.
Reply Quote

Yeah, hopefully blizzard devs have thought of stuff like that to remove that from the pool of possible attributes given certain circumstances. Although if they don't it creates an even greater value for the items that do turn out perfect or near-perfect.

i believe that the jeweler can hopefully reroll or something that modifies random stats, im not sure though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]