Diablo® III

Witchdoc Disappointing?

I think the Witchdoctor class is disappointing. From the moment it was announced, it didn't seem in any way a part of the Diablo universe, and it just spiraled downward since then.

It seems this way to me, feel free to disagree/correct:
Barbarian: Tank.
Wizard: DPS spellcaster/nuke.
Monk: Melee support/healer.
Demon Hunter: Ranged support/nuke.
Witchdoctor: Just kinda... there. I don't get it.
EDIT: For the record, I'm aware Diablo 3 is not played exactly like this. In fact it was Blizzard's intent to avoid this cliche. However, you can't deny the monk has the most spells with healing attributes. Period.

There are two main factors that bother me personally.

1) Skeletons. I miss summoning skeletons! If the WD could summon skeletons it would really bring the player back to the d2 days as a tribute to the necromancer. Almost like a "sorry fans for ditching the Necro, here's some skeletons for ya!".

2) Exploding frogs? Seriously, Blizzard thought that was a good idea? Does that sound at all like something that would destroy hordes of demons to anyone? It sounds more like one of Blizzard's april fools jokes. But it's reality.

And yes, I understand it's too late in development for any of these changes to be made. I posted this for that exact reason. Because there are still people out there like me that believe the witchdoctor ruins 1/5th of Diablo 3. However, the other 4/5ths are perfect so we're buying the game anyway.
Edited by ThizzFace on 9/24/2011 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The WD looks amazing you sir are crazy
Reply Quote
Teeth? Seriously, Blizzard thought that was a good idea? Does that sound at all like something that would destroy hordes of demons to anyone It sounds more like one of Blizzard's april fools jokes. But it's reality.

WD is fine. It's a really cool unique flavour for the universe, the ability set feels great, it's as 'just there' as any of them, the way you slotted barb/wizard/monk/demon hunter in to roles kind of weirds me out, I'm sorry you don't like it, I'll be enjoying the hell out of it.
Reply Quote
Lets get this straight... All classes in this game are DPS.. this is not World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
Most people think the WD is cool including myself. Blizz can't please everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I think most people actually enjoy the witch doctor. I think they're pretty cool, have interesting abilities, and still gives us that "pet" class without making the pets the main source of damage.

Skeletons... are old news, we get to kill thousands of them, why do we need friendly ones?

Exploding frogs? I think magical exploding frogs are just as good as killing demons as anything else, considering neither one of them is real.

Zombie charger is also awesome...
Reply Quote
The Witch Doctor is pretty boring in the beta. Most of his abilities are bleh, and I just pretty much use frogs 90% of the time.
Reply Quote
No need to get angry, kids. Its just an opinion, I'm glad you have yours.
Reply Quote
I believe this post is disappointing and I have not even read it yet. Sounds familiar doesn't it? You believe the WD is disappointing, yet you have not played D3 yet.

Someone get control of the forums please...
Reply Quote
Witch doctor is going to be my first hero.
lol @ the classing the heros as support/healer haha...

This game doesn't really base itself around supporting and healing dude as above... THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

And just FYI, the frogs are EXPLODING plauge frogs, they explode...
Reply Quote
I don't get this entire "Tank/Healer/DPS" thing - sounds way too MMORPG to me.

We're not running a WoW Dungeon here, this is Diablo 3.
You will not need a party of a healing monk, a tanking Barbarian and two DPS or whatever in order to complete any level of this game. Four Wizards would do just as fine.

Witch Doctor is a cool character - I like it. Right in the middle of my list of "WHAT ILL PLAY FIRST" :>

I guess It's all subjective though - but if you don't like the Witch Doctor, then don't play the Witch Doctor.

EDIT: I may have sounded a little bit more hostile than I intended. You are of course entitled to your own opinion - personally I would absolutely hate it if Diablo 3 was turned into a "Tank/Healer/DPS" kind of style, and I'm pretty sure the majority will agree with me on this point. That said, I'm sure some people will find the Witch Doctor disappointing. These people simply shouldn't play Witch Doctor. There will always be favorite characters, and the character you like the least.
Personally I don't really like Monk that much, but again - that's all subjective. I'm sure a lot of people love Monk. I love Wizard, but I'm sure some people dislike Wizard. That said, play the character you want to play and stay away from those you don't.
However, I can pretty much guarantee you that the entire "DPS/Tank/Healer" thing will never happen. A character may be able to take a little bit more of a beating, and another character may be able to throw a couple of heals, but there's never going to be designated roles - and if there ever are, I'll eat my hat.
I'm not going to judge you so fast as to assume you want a WoW-like system, however just in case - that's my opinion of it.
Edited by PapaToss on 9/24/2011 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I personally feel the Witch Doctor will be boring, except for the Haunt skill, that looks cool from what I have seen in Force's Let's Play videos. Thankfully there are another 4 whole classes available to soak up my time spent with this game :).
Edited by Trevkar on 9/24/2011 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/24/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Pobe
Demon Hunter: class for little girls to play

Care to explain why you would think that?

09/24/2011 06:06 PMPosted by Pobe
those school girl style mechanics

You must have a thing for little girls...

Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
I think the Witchdoctor class is disappointing. From the moment it was announced, it didn't seem in any way a part of the Diablo universe, and it just spiraled downward since then.

It seems this way to me, feel free to disagree/correct:
Barbarian: Tank.
Wizard: DPS spellcaster/nuke.
Monk: Melee support/healer.
Demon Hunter: Ranged support/nuke.
Witchdoctor: Just kinda... there. I don't get it.

There are two main factors that bother me personally.

1) Skeletons. I miss summoning skeletons! If the WD could summon skeletons it would really bring the player back to the d2 days as a tribute to the necromancer. Almost like a "sorry fans for ditching the Necro, here's some skeletons for ya!".

2) Exploding frogs? Seriously, Blizzard thought that was a good idea? Does that sound at all like something that would destroy hordes of demons to anyone? It sounds more like one of Blizzard's april fools jokes. But it's reality.

And yes, I understand it's too late in development for any of these changes to be made. I posted this for that exact reason. Because there are still people out there like me that believe the witchdoctor ruins 1/5th of Diablo 3. However, the other 4/5ths are perfect so we're buying the game anyway.

There is no tank class. Diablo is superior to WoW in that all classes are primarily dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]