Diablo® III

Witchdoc Disappointing?

Zombie dogs are so much cooler than skeletons in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Love the WD go away.
Reply Quote
As a tangent, for coop play, it's all about the utility each class brings. Maybe a monk will bring healing, but doesn't have to. A wizard with slow time with Alabaster rune to speed up his comrades will certainly play into a lot of builds.

Tank/Healer/Dps is meaningless. All classes are dps, but each brings his/her own utility.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgazgpJDkuM

yeah totally... nothing badass about that...
Reply Quote
I think the Witchdoctor class is disappointing. From the moment it was announced, it didn't seem in any way a part of the Diablo universe, and it just spiraled downward since then.

It seems this way to me, feel free to disagree/correct:
Barbarian: Tank.
Wizard: DPS spellcaster/nuke.
Monk: Melee support/healer.
Demon Hunter: Ranged support/nuke.
Witchdoctor: Just kinda... there. I don't get it.

There are two main factors that bother me personally.

1) Skeletons. I miss summoning skeletons! If the WD could summon skeletons it would really bring the player back to the d2 days as a tribute to the necromancer. Almost like a "sorry fans for ditching the Necro, here's some skeletons for ya!".

2) Exploding frogs? Seriously, Blizzard thought that was a good idea? Does that sound at all like something that would destroy hordes of demons to anyone? It sounds more like one of Blizzard's april fools jokes. But it's reality.

And yes, I understand it's too late in development for any of these changes to be made. I posted this for that exact reason. Because there are still people out there like me that believe the witchdoctor ruins 1/5th of Diablo 3. However, the other 4/5ths are perfect so we're buying the game anyway.

I don't see why Witchdocters wouldn't fit. It reminds me a lot of the enemies from act 3 in diablo 2.
Edited by Malevo on 9/24/2011 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ITT: OP thinks that different characters perform different roles in Diablo.

WAKE UP CALL: THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT

If you need a Barb to tank for you, You're doing it wrong!!!!

---------

By the way, did you ever play Act 3 in Diablo 2?

Did you by chance notice how many FETISHES, WITCH DOCTORY STUFF that there was EVERYWHERE?

I rest my case.
Edited by cetanu on 9/24/2011 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
theres no healing/tanking roles in this game, all classes are dps and the game is designed so you can solo it with any class by smashing things to bits. its all about how u want to smash things to bits. maybe ur boring and like barbs or something or amyybe u like things more interesting like wd
Reply Quote
Dude, the WD is awesome. I'm torn between him or the Monk as my first char, and I think the good 'ol doc is winning. He just looks so damn fun.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-GfOk1VtNI

no class is cooler or more interesting than this.
Reply Quote

Is sacrifice supposed to be like corpse explosion??
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Kangaxx
theres no healing/tanking roles in this game, all classes are dps and the game is designed so you can solo it with any class by smashing things to bits. its all about how u want to smash things to bits. maybe ur boring and like barbs or something or amyybe u like things more interesting like wd

I know this. I've been following D3 since the announcement. I read Bash's comments specifically saying that each class can hold his own. If you're trying to teach me something.. you're talking to a wall that already knows.
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor is amazing. Much better anti-hero than the over-the-top demon hunter.

I look forward to unleashing the full horrors of nature upon my foes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

Is sacrifice supposed to be like corpse explosion??

sort of.

only worse.

taken from http://www.diablowiki.net/Witch_Doctor_skills

Sacrifice
Support
(Level 16)

[e]

All of your zombie dogs explode, each dealing 200% of your weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards.
Reply Quote
Its mainly about playstyle and the witchdoctor is really an odd type of gameplay style. I'm not into it and will probably never have one. About the frogs, you are right ... they seem out of place.
Reply Quote
The introduction of the WD and how it would play is probably my only disappointment in D3 so far.

I'm really going to miss the necromancer. I really wanted a class with a hoard of undead followers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I watched a WD and a monk play through the entire beta today on YouTube, and I have to say, the Witch doctor seems like the class I'm going to play first...

I was impressed with the strange, chaotic play style... and seeing the Fire Bats skill in action alone sold me...
Edited by Naoko on 9/25/2011 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
The Witchdoctor was definitely a part of the Diablo universe, they inferno'd your !@# in Act 3 of D2 all the time.
Reply Quote
the witch doctor really fits with some of the distant cultures of Sanctuary. definitely fits in the universe.

for me, the monk doesnt quite fit yet, but maybe because i view him more as a kung fu fighter instead of a spiritualist who channels that energy.

so far he looks really dragon ball z - not a demon slayer - but ill need to see more to truly judge
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]