Diablo® III

Witchdoc Disappointing?

Would prefer the necro, but I guess they thought WD is more fitting than necro. I can't really see it, alot of the spells are really stupid and lame to watch, like the zombies creating a tower falling down, frogs and just the uhh voodoo. It feels boring compared to a necro.

Don't get me wrong I will eventually play a WD up, I will just avoid pretty much half the abilities he have. Since they have no place in a diablo world, and to be honest just seems like boring ideas from the dev :p

Hoping for future exp/dlc packs to include the old classes, since alot of them could have been recreated and having !@#$loads of new cool stuff.
Reply Quote
Barbarian: DPS
Wizard: DPS
Monk: DPS
Demon Hunter: DPS
Witchdoctor: DPS

Corrected.
Go back to WoW
Reply Quote
I couldn't really comment on the viability of any of the new classes as I haven't played the Beta let alone the full game.....
Reply Quote
I think the Witchdoctor class is disappointing. From the moment it was announced, it didn't seem in any way a part of the Diablo universe, and it just spiraled downward since then.

It seems this way to me, feel free to disagree/correct:
Barbarian: Tank.
Wizard: DPS spellcaster/nuke.
Monk: Melee support/healer.
Demon Hunter: Ranged support/nuke.
Witchdoctor: Just kinda... there. I don't get it.
EDIT: For the record, I'm aware Diablo 3 is not played exactly like this. In fact it was Blizzard's intent to avoid this cliche. However, you can't deny the monk has the most spells with healing attributes. Period.

If you must compare it like this then I'd say Wichdoctor = warlock or other such damage over time and debuffing class. They are in most MMORPGs in some form or another.

As for the feeling out of place in the Diablo universe, did you forget Act 3 in Diablo 2? Those damn little pigmey and fetish things. Ugh hated them. However those jungles scream which doctor. Those little pigmey's with the big masks and breathing fire and the blow darts! I really feel the wichdoctor is not misplaced.

While I can understand missing the Necro and he'll never be replaced fully by anything the wichdoctor does, Blizzard has plans. They did well portraying the fallen heroes of D1 in the D2 world. I am sure they have a similar fate for the D2 heroes in D3's world. While yes the Barbarian is continuing on, not all of them are that lucky. We'll surely see D2's heroes as villains, allies, or maybe they'll even reappear as playable in a future expansion.
Reply Quote
I think the Witchdoctor class is disappointing. From the moment it was announced, it didn't seem in any way a part of the Diablo universe, and it just spiraled downward since then.

It seems this way to me, feel free to disagree/correct:
Barbarian: Tank.
Wizard: DPS spellcaster/nuke.
Monk: Melee support/healer.
Demon Hunter: Ranged support/nuke.
Witchdoctor: Just kinda... there. I don't get it.
EDIT: For the record, I'm aware Diablo 3 is not played exactly like this. In fact it was Blizzard's intent to avoid this cliche. However, you can't deny the monk has the most spells with healing attributes. Period.

There are two main factors that bother me personally.

1) Skeletons. I miss summoning skeletons! If the WD could summon skeletons it would really bring the player back to the d2 days as a tribute to the necromancer. Almost like a "sorry fans for ditching the Necro, here's some skeletons for ya!".

2) Exploding frogs? Seriously, Blizzard thought that was a good idea? Does that sound at all like something that would destroy hordes of demons to anyone? It sounds more like one of Blizzard's april fools jokes. But it's reality.

And yes, I understand it's too late in development for any of these changes to be made. I posted this for that exact reason. Because there are still people out there like me that believe the witchdoctor ruins 1/5th of Diablo 3. However, the other 4/5ths are perfect so we're buying the game anyway.

Thizzface, it's not about whose right or wrong, or matter of opinion or not. Diablo is not your standard MMO and foremost it is an action RPG. You misrepresented the characters completely wrong and that's what most of these people are upset about. From the sounds of it you've never played a Diablo game and if you have then you know what it's about. In addition, if you've played a Diablo game then your misrepresentation just looks even more whack.

As far as your WD opinion goes, that is an opinion that is yours and I would be inclined to disagree with you as I think the WD looks amazing. Does he look a little awkward in the beta? Yes, I think so, but it's the first hour of the game. If you look into his spells and watch some of the later videos of him, he seems to get pretty wild. I for one will be rolling a WD as my first character.

Barbarian: DPS (Negates damage and so forth, so he can stand in and own demons. Does not tank for anyone.)

Monk: DPS (Heals himself among other things, so he can stand in and own demons. However, he can heal others, but his main focus will be DPS. Keep in mind other classes can heal other people too. This does not classify them as healers in the Diablo world.)

Wizard: DPS (Uses different spell effects like slow, freeze, slow time, and other effects to stay alive in order to own demons.)

Demon Hunter: DPS (Uses traps, slow, aerobatics, and other tricks to stay alive in order to own demons.)

Witch Doctor: DPS (Uses pets, slow effects, and other spells to stay alive in order to own demons.)
Edited by gsnurr on 9/25/2011 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
09/24/2011 05:58 PMPosted by ThizzFace

dude... are you on drugs? ZOMBIE WALL IS THE SHIET. you have some personal obsession of MMORPG... like some of the previous replies, this is DIABLO 3. Not WoW or whatever. If u want to MMORPG go play Star wars the old republic.

fyi you should play D2, Anyone can be a "tank"(lawl) when they carry a lot of potions.. :P
Reply Quote
I am liking the WD spells. They rule. I just don't like how slow he kills things. But I do like the survival of the WD. He can handle him/her self pretty well.

I am thinking zombie dogs + sacrifice will be OP in PvP in my opinion. If you add the runes for them correctly, and the passive. You can do some serious damage.
Reply Quote
The statement about the WD spells not fitting in Diablo, think of the plagues of egypt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt
Reply Quote
D3 is a completely new game... Hince Why should we want to have to play the same character class... Barb.. yea don't know how you mangaged to get a come back.. but meh. WD is the answer to a hey I loved playing the necro class but I want something a lil different, but maybe a small sense of recognition of classes past. It's all a matter of making classes with different styles of play.. a caster class.. a range class... a summons/caster... melee wpn.. WD so far seems somthing we haven't quite seen in a rpg universe and looks interesting.
Reply Quote
The statement about the WD spells not fitting in Diablo, think of the plagues of egypt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt

the plagues are from the biblical stories where God created a series of plagues in an attempt to free the israelites from the pharoah and the opressing egyptians.

witch doctors from southern regions of africa are not God or should be related to Him, lol.

>_<
Edited by Kfcnoob on 9/27/2011 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Kfcnoob
witch doctors from southern regions of africa are not God or should be related to Him, lol.

Are you so sure of that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]