Diablo® III

More than 4 players in a game

43 Worgen Druid
From what I've seen of the beta so far I think a max of 4 players per game does make sense, any more and the dungeons would be cluttered and the spell effects would get out of hand. I do think it would be cool, however, if they added a separate game mode for maybe 10-20 people where you can trade and duel with people and maybe form groups to jump into a regular game. Maybe a big town where people can hang out, completely separate from the rest of the game.
Reply Quote
Isnt it like 8 players max per game i thought....

Most Teaming up i see happing starting in Nightmare/hell/ especially Inferno level.

I probablly go thru normal mode solo just so i can experience the lore/story on my own... without anyone rushing me
Reply Quote
Isnt it like 8 players max per game i thought....

Most Teaming up i see happing starting in Nightmare/hell/ especially Inferno level.

I probablly go thru normal mode solo just so i can experience the lore/story on my own... without anyone rushing me
Nope. Maybe in some sort of 4v4 pvp mode, but a campaign game is 4 max.

I feel the same way about doing normal mode alone the first time. =]
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I play pretty much every game with the same 5 friends. SOMEONE IS SITTING OUT! Probably gunna be Wolfmanes he a nerd!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i would also like it if there was like a trade world, i understand that the auction house exists but sometime u need to make quick cash and a nice trade world could be useful, butu can always make a game with the title "selling item blah".
Reply Quote
I totally agree a non-combat lobby in a big town would be awesome. But lets not add another year to their development.

I wish this were posted and stickied 8 months ago.
Edited by ThizzFace on 9/24/2011 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 06:34 PMPosted by Nekrage
I play pretty much every game with the same 5 friends. SOMEONE IS SITTING OUT! Probably gunna be Wolfmanes he a nerd!

Math wiz lol.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 06:34 PMPosted by Nekrage

5 people you play with... plus you. two people are sitting out lol someone wasnt paying attention in 1st grade

and to the OP, this isnt wow. 4 people.
Reply Quote
43 Worgen Druid
I think it would be a cool feature, mainly to help get good groups going. especially for inferno
Reply Quote
Yeah I think that town idea would be a pretty cool one.. like a lobby where you can team up with people to run the same stuff etc. I wonder how hard that would be to incorporate.
Reply Quote
...a big town where people can hang out, completely separate from the rest of the game.

I wouldn't mind this but I think it'll exist in the form of a chat lobby. Although I don't think it would fit into the world of Sanctuary to have a large hub town that acted as a safe haven from the demons..
Reply Quote
PvP I am guessing we will have at least 3v3. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/whats-new screenshot)

Beyond this, I believe we will have more content updates than we had in Diablo 2.

Future content that could be balanced towards larger groups for example.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Personally, I would like it to be five people in a game, that way you could have all of the classes in there.
Reply Quote
43 Worgen Druid
09/24/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Rhaenys
Personally, I would like it to be five people in a game, that way you could have all of the classes in there.

Yeah they could probably make 5 work, especially considering you could have 8 ppl in D2
Reply Quote
I think it should be 8 people, just because its what "I" like.
Reply Quote
iirc Blizzard said in past interviews that they felt 8 was too many, and that often times in D2, an 8 player game would either have 2 seperate groups, or just people seperated from the rest of the people doing their own thing. They felt that a smaller limit would mean that everyone is more likely to stay together.

I still think that this decision should be up to the players. If people want to run an 8 player pub game and seperate into 2 seperate groups (in different acts or whatever), but with the difficulty and drops of an 8 player game then thats fine. If they instead wanted a 4 player limit on the game they could set that limit when creating the room. When you did run with 8 people all on the same screen and cooperating, it was a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd rather do more then 4 to be honest. I got more then 4 friends that will play this game
Reply Quote
7 Human Hunter
who cares ?

this is a non-issue

they are not going to change it this late in development

They've already shown they are more than willing to change things like an entire class resource. Adding 5 players so one of each class can play in a game isnt so preposterous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]