Diablo® III

cost of skills vs dmg output

I have been going through the witch doctor skills and i am a bit worried about the cost of the skills versus the damage output of these skills. It seems like you are paying a huge amount of mana for little (relative to the other builds) damage output.

For example, if you look at the poison dart skill you are seeing the damage output for your LVL60 poison dart and it is small for what it costs. you can also see the little amount of dmg in the locust swarm as well. conversely one of the higher damage to cost ratio spells is the Haunt skill.

If this apparent damage to cost ratio continues to be imbalanced i believe that not many people will want to play this build, or if they do, you will only see the same skills being spammed.

Has anyone else seen this?
Reply Quote
Its fine...think of a WD as a dotter, not direct damage like the wizard skills.

your pets, haunt and corpse spiders combined could more than likely outdamage a wizards single direct damage attack.
Reply Quote
It doesn't take gear into consideration.

Besides, you dont know how big a level 60 mana pool is...... actually....

Can someone from beta measure the mana pool increase each level? If it's a constant increase, we can figure out the level 60 mana pool size.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]