Diablo® III

Resource Change direction

no beta here, so take my words with a grain of salt.

I'd just like to throw out the notion that although the current resource and skill changes to the DH make their resource system a lot more functional, and give the DH the ability to keep using skills, really it seems that they have the Arcane power system with discipline tacked on.

so, in an effort to make the dual globe that much more interesting, I wanted to suggest a slightly different mechanism of regeneration:

Skills would be split into Hatred spending, and Discipline spending, each with an associated regeneration mechanic, let me give you an example of how I envision this working:

Discipline:
costs 15 discipline
sentry
creates a sentry (blah blah does x amount of damage.. whatever.)
while active, increases hatred regeneration by 10%

Hatred:
Grenades
15 hatred
throws three grenades out that deal x-x damage to all enemies
Each enemy hit regenerates 1 Discipline

Impale:
cost 30 hatred
Deals a bunch of damage
Generates 10 Discipline on critical hits

Obviously the numbers are my guesses and dont matter so much... but under this system we have a unique way for the Demon hunter to manage their resources like each other class has, and we can always be using abilities. I included the potential Discipline generation on critical hits to highlight that you need not have it be on every hit.. it could be somewhat creative in how they regenerate. I do like the thought that for the trap style skills, while they're up and working you are gaining a constant boost to hatred regeneration.

Additionaly, this is going to reward smart gameplay! Encouraging people to take a diverse group of skills that suits the situation... rather than spamming one generator and one spender. Go gameplay mechanics!

Given the changes that were just made, and how quickly they were done... it seems that this kind of quick number swapping is feasible... and results in less tampering with the passive skills too.

(also, substitute companion for the Lethal Decoy ability from the monk!)

thoughts? comments? let me know if you folks would be interested in this.
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Death Knight
I think it's fine the way it is now. But that's just me. Exterminate.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
That is an interesting suggestion, and would make game play a little more involved than spam skill 1, use skill 2, spam skill 1.

Also, while I like the idea of the companions, Lethal Decoy really does seem more like a DH skill than a monk skill...

Make it an augment to fan of knives - "instead of immediately using fan of knives, creates a decoy with 15% of players hp that casts fan of knives upon death" (kind of like Shaco's duplicate from LoL if you're familiar with it).
Edited by Scracket on 9/22/2011 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just figured it was the natural way to deal with 2 resources.

I can't take credit for the Lethal Decoy idea, dont remember who did, but it was a sweet idea.
Reply Quote
I think their first idea was that the two resources interacted and the discipline spells generated hatred and viceversa.

Hope this is not the final DH cause it makes some of the discipline spells less viable.
Reply Quote
Each class is supposed to have an 'unique ressource system' . I think having 3 classes with Generators and Spenders skills isnt really 'unique' anymore.
Reply Quote
I am sure Blizzard tested what you suggested along with a few other possibilities and settled on this one as the best.
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard shouid use the Discipline skiuls to also fuel the hatred ones. After all with the right discipline Hatred and be a useful tool in cambat.

I believe if they left everything ele the same and added this it would balance things out.

Now i dont have beta access but from the vidos i have seen this whould do the trick.
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 10:40 PMPosted by Loren
I am sure Blizzard tested what you suggested along with a few other possibilities and settled on this one as the best.

if they did, I'd love to hear why?

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]