Diablo® III

DH fundamentals > all generators

Passive fundamentals = increase basic atk dmg by 100% and generate 15 hatred per attack.

i.e.
Basic = 200% weapon dmg, 15 hatred/attack

In terms of boss-fights, to generate hatred, I don't see a more effective way.
So instead of cool attacks like hungering arrow w/ indigo rune, or Strafe w/ obsidian rune; it will be necessary to optimize by using a basic attack?

Am i missing something?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
I don't think some of the demon hunter changes are finished. Grenadier just seems like a silly passive now, for example.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
09/22/2011 10:49 PMPosted by Marine
I don't think some of the demon hunter changes are finished. Grenadier just seems like a silly passive now, for example.

I REALLY hope at the release of the game, Demon Hunters aren't gimped and broken as !@#$ like Hunters were in WoW.

Oh what? You mean having a dot that ticked for 9-12 damage per tick and required melee range to use as their 31 point talent wasn't good? How could anyone have predicted...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The changes aren't finished, thats noticeable.
But HOW COME you think that normal attacks could replace skills that generate hatred? They will do more damage, short CD and more effects.

It's not all about hatred generation, why would you want to generate 15 hatred in 1 attack doing like 50 damage if you could generate 5 hatred in 1 skill doing 110+ damage plus effects?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The changes aren't finished, thats noticeable.
But HOW COME you think that normal attacks could replace skills that generate hatred? They will do more damage, short CD and more effects.

It's not all about hatred generation, why would you want to generate 15 hatred in 1 attack doing like 50 damage if you could generate 5 hatred in 1 skill doing 110+ damage plus effects?

A normal attack with the passive which makes it 200% wep dmg and generates 15 hatred, is superior to many special hatred generating attacks in not only hatred generation, but coming close to damage as well.

The 200% damage would be added to the usage of skill also, since it's all weapon damage.
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 11:21 PMPosted by Sampaio
The 200% damage would be added to the usage of skill also, since it's all weapon damage.

"Increases damage of your basic attacks by 100%"

Skills are not basic attacks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

That is where you are a bit off. The 200% weapon damage ONLY applies if you are doing a normal, regular attack and the 200% effect IS NOT applied to special attacks that is based off weapon damage. Hope that clarifies things, I could definitely see your point of view if the passive ability did work the way you interpreted it to though.

Well yeah, I got it now.
Reply Quote
This is all new. Most likely the 15 extra will be reduced down. But you have to consider that even though your basic attacks are 200%, they don't have the slow effect of entangling shot, the aoe of your grenades or the roll of evasive fire.

The split between hatred generating and spending wasn't really just to make you increase your hatred, but more towards having those spells not cost any hatred due to the fact that the old DH was so hatred heavy having most of her skills use hatred.
Reply Quote
I'm really glad that a lot of you see my concerns. I do understand that during groups of mobs, it'll be superior to use other abilities because Hungering arrow for example; if it hits 3 targets it'll instantly become superior.

But for one, that's not reliable, and two, it will probably be not as effective on boss fights.

My MAJOR concern is... boss fights are supposed to be EPIC. With the demon hunter, that will mean auto-attacking to generate hatred because it is optimal.

I want to throw elephants, or summon spirit beasts to generate hatred and do more damage than my basic attack.

I am VERY certain that tons of tweaks are coming towards the demon hunter, I just am voicing my concern in hopes it'll get noticed.
Reply Quote
What I don't get is that I see that there are hatred generators.. but will hatred regen on it's own as well? or is this pretty much the same as spirit for the monk? The DH page still refers to hatred as always regenerating even when still. Which I know could be 'out of date' as the skill people aren't talking to the content people...
Reply Quote
Current estimate in the beta build is about 10 hatred/sec for regen. The Blue post on the change said that they had halved the passive regen (so 5 per second) after putting in the generater/spender implementation.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Golden rune on grenades generates 24 hatred per shot. Much better hatred generation, but less damage.

Spike trap with a golden rune generates 10 hatred, but does 810%(!) weapon damage, if you lure the boss over all three traps.

Evasive fire with an indigo rune costs 4 discipline, generates 10 hatred, and does 625% weapon damage.

By my count, those all meaningfully compete with fundamentals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]