Diablo® III

New Skill DPS vs. Old Skill DPS

85 Orc Hunter
I've seen the new changes to skills over at the skill calculator, but is there anywhere where Blizzard formally announced these changes? A post or anything about it? Also, I'd love to compare the new skills to the old skills in terms of dps, etc. It's easy to read what generates and what spends, but I'm curious as to the dps hit all of the generator abilities took.
Reply Quote
The spells that generate hatred didn't take a big loss but they did that because they buffed the spells that cost hatred in order to make a larger DPS gap so people will want to spend hatred.

If you're wondering if you can still spam the generator spells with the same effect it had on the old system then you probably can in act 1 but it'll take you slightly longer than before and after act 1 you better start spending hatred or have a really sick bow.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Thanks for the response Vinto, yeah I know why they buffed and nerfed what they did and why it was needed, I was really just wanting to compare the actual numbers. Also, strafe is still showing as costing Hatred despite being in the Generator category.
Reply Quote
09/23/2011 08:00 AMPosted by Thalin
I've seen the new changes to skills over at the skill calculator, but is there anywhere where Blizzard formally announced these changes? A post or anything about it? Also, I'd love to compare the new skills to the old skills in terms of dps, etc. It's easy to read what generates and what spends, but I'm curious as to the dps hit all of the generator abilities took.

Note: Content is not final and is subject to change at any time.

It is not necessary for them to post or comment about changes. If they would have to prepare a press release for every change, then this game would take forever to develop. When they get something finalized expect a press release. On the other hand, if one doesn't get released, look for the postmortem in a year or so... It should be a good read.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'm pretty sure there was a blue post about the changes before they actually implemented said changes on the skill calculator. I don't think it is necessary for them to prepare a press release for every change, nor do I expect them to. However, with the significance of the change and the heads up on the forums I thought I may have missed something.

Anyhow I look forward to that postmortem. In the meantime, I mocked up the offensive ability comparison between the current beta and what is listed in the skill calculator if anyone wants to see the changes at a glance.

http://www.abload.de/img/dh_changes90fu.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]