Reinstalling D1

Literally this second, any1 down to play through it? =]
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
I'd rather d2 ladder reset instead of being postponed !! >_<
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
http://www.maplemediastudio.com/images/diablo.jpg

I would but I have some accounting homework to do.
Reply Quote
>.< i lost my discs... wish their was digital download of Diablo... on Bnet.com
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock

I cannot find D1, I found a replacement D2.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/24/2011 07:55 PMPosted by FellUpAHill

If I can find it, I'll play it with you..

*Digs through CDs*

Found it! and It's installed now. =)
Edited by Issachar on 9/24/2011 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I installed D1 on my 1 yr old Win7 system about a month ago. Damn near unplayable due to the overly wonky graphics. It's like I suddenly was playing with 8 colors. Too unbearable to play as it was hard to figure out some of the items in my inventory. I played for maybe 2 hrs and then just gave up and installed D2 instead. Well sort of, I had to download the 1.5gb version from Blizz directly because one of my discs was missing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/24/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Lynchsta
I installed D1 on my 1 yr old Win7 system about a month ago. Damn near unplayable due to the overly wonky graphics. It's like I suddenly was playing with 8 colors. Too unbearable to play as it was hard to figure out some of the items in my inventory. I played for maybe 2 hrs and then just gave up and installed D2 instead. Well sort of, I had to download the 1.5gb version from Blizz directly because one of my discs was missing.

Right Click Diablo.exe
Click the Compatibility Tab
Check the Run This Program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP 2)
Run in 256 Colors
Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
Run as Administrator

-- Check all those boxes and it'll work fine. Alt+Tabbing makes it go haywire *Sometimes*.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Lynchsta

right click the target .exe file and select it to run in compatibility mode of Wondows 98. Should solve or partially solve your issue.
Reply Quote
im playing d1 on west server!!
Reply Quote
I would play diablo 1 except for whatever strange reason I cannot connect to battle.net (Even though I have updated the game, even opened ports just in case). So I quit diablo 1. Funny though, I can connect to battle.net on any other game. And used to be able to connect on d1. Go figure.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 08:23 PMPosted by Issachar

Right Click Diablo.exe
Click the Compatibility Tab
Check the Run This Program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP 2)
Run in 256 Colors
Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
Run as Administrator

-- Check all those boxes and it'll work fine. Alt+Tabbing makes it go haywire *Sometimes*.

I actually found that (or something very close to it) on a diablo forum while banging my head against the keyboard. I tried it and it didn't work, but maybe I'll try again. thanks for the info. (hope I didn't de-install it)
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 07:55 PMPosted by FellUpAHill

Still trying to find my D1 disk, otherwise I would. Gonna make a trip into the attic tomorrow and see if it's there.

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually found that (or something very close to it) on a diablo forum while banging my head against the keyboard. I tried it and it didn't work, but maybe I'll try again. thanks for the info. (hope I didn't de-install it)

Yea, it can be real touchy. When i first installed it, all I did was set the compatibility to Windows XP (SP 3) and then ran as administrator and everything worked fine.

I exited the game and then it stopped working, so I checked the boxes I listed and now it works again X_x
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok I found a sure fix on running it with Windows 7 -

Run the compatibility in Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Check the Disable Desktop Composition Box

Check Run as Admin

Do NOT check anything else! Or you will not be able to connect to battle.net. It will give you an unknown application version.

~Edit~

Good hell, it stopped working again.... I guess I'll just remake a character on D2 then X_x
Edited by Issachar on 9/24/2011 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]