Diablo® III

So I'm playing beta and I notice...

There is no hostile button!
Don't get me wrong. I am not down to ruin another players experience, but my friends and I really do enjoy battling it out from time to time randomly. I don't want to have to go through arenas ALL the time.

We need the option brought back!Where you can make a game with the option to hostile or not. Also to compliment it, a vote kick option, in-case somebody takes it too far. But like I said, this is mainly for friends..and I have quite a few that agree. Its exciting!

It just doesn't feel like Diablo without it. I understand they don't want griefing towards other players and what not.. but come on... its completely ripping a chunk out of the soul of Diablo and everything that it is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
D3 is a co-op game. PvP is for arenas.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Mage
I agree with the OP. Many times did my friends and I battle just for fun outside the city borders. I don't think anyone knows how in depth the arena system will be yet, but if they can make it integrated and easy access with a lot of options then perhaps this won't be a problem.
Reply Quote
So many people seem to say the same thing. "PVP is for arenas" but if you look.. Diablo came before world of warcraft ever introduced arenas so in fact that is not true. Diablo 1 & 2 both revolved around world PVP
Reply Quote
Suggestions go in the suggestions forum.
Reply Quote
I would like to say that the games never 'revolved around PVP'

I just played em for the story and the 'perfect' gear. which I never found
Reply Quote
This topic has been done to death already. There are already several threads discussing this issue.

EDIT - Here's the links:
We want hostile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3082248756
We don't want hostile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3082079988
We want hostile back - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3082211084
Edited by chaosbrand on 9/24/2011 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
why not have it like... both players have to have Hostile active to be able to fight each other..

say one guy Hostiles the other... he cant fight/kill him untel he clicks hostile back at him.
then and only then are you able to duel/kill each other
Reply Quote
Well now Blizzard just pushed the game another 4months+ to edit and change the game..so now is the time to make these points.
Reply Quote
why not have it like... both players have to have Hostile active to be able to fight each other..

say one guy Hostiles the other... he cant fight/kill him untel he clicks hostile back at him.
then and only then are you able to duel/kill each other
it is largely due to the fact that skills play differently in d3 in pve and pvp.
Reply Quote
/duel

GIANT FLAG FALLS OUT OF SKY
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
A duel button probably wouldn't hurt anything, but unilateral hostility would be bad.
Reply Quote
lol, really? you're posting on a forum responding to these messages, you have no reason to talk about people going outside, just shh...
Reply Quote
Yeah even a duel botton... but the consequence must be death. If its wow style where flags drop from the sky, and after getting your !@# kicked you just kneel.. that's lame and not in the style of diablo.

I really think too many people are brainwashed and expect another wow repeat, which is really pathetic. Let the games be separate. Too many people want an isometric wow.. and the sad thing is they are getting it with all these new changes to diablo3.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
First: World PvP is not sitting outside a city dueling.

Second: all PvP outside arenas will bring is crying about balance. If they make any adjustments that effect PvE most people will get angry about it. Right now the are separate.

Third: Not many people want it just a vocal minority.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
So many people seem to say the same thing. "PVP is for arenas" but if you look.. Diablo came before world of warcraft ever introduced arenas so in fact that is not true. Diablo 1 & 2 both revolved around world PVP

You never played either did you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]