Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Bosses should work like this

what i think would be really epic is.if Bosses were more like this. each Phase should take 5mins to do. also this is with crappy gear.

in Normal mode. all bosses are easy mode. there isnt any phases. quick 5min fight

Nightmare mode. after boss hits 50%hp should take 5mins.then Phase 1 starts boss changes does new spells. maybe summons adds. he does this untel died... 5mins for phase 1 also. 10min fight

Hell mode. when boss is at 75% Nightmare mode phase 1 starts. then hes at 50% Phase 2 starts.. he does crazy Hellish spells. alot of AOE to run out of or you die. 15min fight

Inferno Mode. Phase 1 starts at 75%.. nightmare phase.. Phase 2 starts at 50% Hell Phase

Phase 3. at 35%. Crazy Inferno Phase.. this is were the fight gets really hectic. you gotta be smart or you will die in 2-3 hits

think about if the Skeleton King worked like this... maybe Inferno mode. Phase 3 he turns into red flames. and summons fire skeletons that shot fire arrows. and leaves fire on the ground that we cant stand in.
Edited by Swarmling on 9/24/2011 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cool!
Reply Quote
Hey yeah I played World of Warcraft too!

/sarcasm
Edited by Cyn on 9/24/2011 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WoW... cool idea... cough
Reply Quote
This game is meant to have fast paced action, if I remember right. This isn't an MMO, and practically no co-ordination should be needed for a "Dungeon Crawling Hack'n'Slash". Boss fights should just be hard, but straightforward, because that's what dungeon crawling is.

If you want long, drawn out, overly complicated boss fights, play WoW.
Reply Quote

what i think would be really epic is.if Bosses were more like this. each Phase should take 5mins to do. also this is with crappy gear.

in Normal mode. all bosses are easy mode. there isnt any phases. quick 5min fight

Nightmare mode. after boss hits 50%hp should take 5mins.then Phase 1 starts boss changes does new spells. maybe summons adds. he does this untel died... 5mins for phase 1 also. 10min fight

Hell mode. when boss is at 75% Nightmare mode phase 1 starts. then hes at 50% Phase 2 starts.. he does crazy Hellish spells. alot of AOE to run out of or you die. 15min fight

Inferno Mode. Phase 1 starts at 75%.. nightmare phase.. Phase 2 starts at 50% Hell Phase

Phase 3. at 35%. Crazy Inferno Phase.. this is were the fight gets really hectic. you gotta be smart or you will die in 2-3 hits

think about if the Skeleton King worked like this... maybe Inferno mode. Phase 3 he turns into red flames. and summons fire skeletons that shot fire arrows. and leaves fire on the ground that we cant stand in.

how creative

09/24/2011 08:49 PMPosted by Cyn

lmfao
Reply Quote
WoW............................................. Just WoW....
Reply Quote
This type of boss doesn't suit Diablo. Diablo is fast and furious, you die in 10 seconds or you win in like 1 minute.
Reply Quote

/sarcasm

^
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Can't wait till this comes out I hope they DO do that then they could just scrap the entire project entirely and call it "World of Warcraft and the King of'Haven't we done this before guys?'"

I mean actually it makes sense now that they're delaying the game because they need to get the next expansion to WoW out that comes before this one called "World of Warcraft: Reign of Every Boss You've Already Killed A Million Times Before."

But this time it'll be different because there will be even more phases and even more AOE that you need to move out of and maybe even some crazy debuffs that like lowers your damage or something I mean if there's one thing I can get pumped about, it's intensely focusing on one battle for maybe even hours at a time never looking away or risk DEATH!

Oh wait I think that's in the next WoW expansion after the previous two, "World of Warcraft: 'Wait Let's Just Call it Starcraft III'"

Good idea though.
Reply Quote
I could see it working for some bosses.

I want to see bosses that as epic as the MH Alatreon fight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Trust me you don't want a boss fight in phases... it gets boring after a few times.

A good boss fight in an unpredictable one where actions are random and subsequently you have a healthy fear of everything.
Reply Quote
Why does everyone want to bring WoW into Diablo?

Go back to Azeroth!
Reply Quote
tldr

go back to wow you snarb!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Some people can't deal with real-time decision making, they need their "phases" and "predictability" guys, or else they're gonna get wrecked.
Reply Quote
If anything they should have more mini bosses that are tough but yet fun to battle.
Reply Quote
Most bosses will be like a WoW burn fight. Blow it up or burn in a righteous fire.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]