Diablo® III

Random Properties on Items Question

Can you get the same random property twice on the same item? For example lets say an item has +2 random properties and one of the random properties is +10-15% magic find. Is it possible for both of the random properties to be the same thing which would make it add +20-30% magic find?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Items couldn't pull multiple modifiers from the same "category" in Diablo II item generation, I highly doubt they'll be able to in Diablo III.
Reply Quote
That would be nuts if it could though. If you had an item with +4 random properties and it all rolled into magic find.. you would have like 100% magic find on that item haha. The chances of that happening are very very small but if someone did find that think of how much it would be worth on the RMAH
Reply Quote
09/26/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Pancaf
That would be nuts if it could though. If you had an item with +4 random properties and it all rolled into magic find.. you would have like 100% magic find on that item haha. The chances of that happening are very very small but if someone did find that think of how much it would be worth on the RMAH

And even cooler if one of the random properties was "adds +2-3 random properties". And you end up with a super rare Legendary with like 500% MF.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
In D2 you could get 'Lucky Ring of Fortune' or similar with 24% MF or so, if I remember correctly.
The Lucky prefix maybe having 6%-12% chance of Magic Find and the Fortune suffix having the same.
Reply Quote
Interested in seeing how the random property thing works out. Will just make the super rare items even more rare (i.e. lets say a windy with more % to damage for it's random property, vs. one with + mana after kill)

Makes me wonder if legendary items will be a bit more common than they were in D2

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
09/26/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Pancaf

Sure it would be great, but think about if a weapon got 4 different weapon damage modifiers. This would be EXTREMELY rare, but they'd have to balance the game around these weapons. That would make for some tricky decisions on game balance when you have extremely rare uber-weapons in the game that are potentially 50%+ more damage than a typical weapon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]