Diablo® III

Old School (Pre)Blizzard Nostalgia

rock and roll racing.... best...soundtrack....ever

i remember trying to get the car with the twotrack for sooooo long. great game
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Sheesh, all this talk is of young school compared to playing Pool of Radiance and Might & Magic on my Commodore64 with 5 1/4" floppy drives.... now there were some good times, spinning the decrypting wheel just to log into the game.....sigh
Reply Quote
ROCK N ROLL RACING WAS OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Sheesh, all this talk is of young school compared to playing Pool of Radiance and Might & Magic on my Commodore64 with 5 1/4" floppy drives.... now there were some good times, spinning the decrypting wheel just to log into the game.....sigh

i played prince of persia on some kind of pc looking device back then, was 2 colors (black and green lol)

oh and might&magic i remember that, as well as eyes of the beholder lol
Reply Quote
Monkey Island! It had a crazy decryption wheel too
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
If we are remembering any old school title that IMO rocked and had me play over and over, well at least one time through but still loved and still wish i could play them again, heres my small list. Not everything, just a few that sprang to mind.

Sam & Max hit the road, Day of the tentacle, Full Throttle, The Dig (Yes lucas Arts adventures, but i was hooked)
Jagged Alliance, love it! Mechwarrior, Circle of blood, Wetlands, Phatasmigoria, 7th guest, and my mind went blank, there are soo many more, my first system was...wait for it.....

Colecovision lol then to the NES into the future!! By the way contra is still one of my tops ;)

Oh and forgot Bad Dudes and double dragon ;) Ok im gonna stop before i start goin nuts

Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry LOL
Edited by Umarala on 9/26/2011 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

I was all about those D&D Gold box games, including Pool of Radiance and AOL's Neverwinter Nights, which played exactly like Pool of Radiance, except it was a 500-player MMORPG.

Want old school visual RPG? I remember playing Intellivision's Advanced Dungeon's & Dragon's in the early 1980's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Dungeons_%26_Dragons:_Cloudy_Mountain

And I'm 32.. so not terribly old.. I just got into it at a very young age. I remember we got an Atari 2600 & 5200 on back-to-back Christmas years in the early 80's. River Raid, Pitfall II, Joust, Star Wars.. there were so many great games for those systems.
Reply Quote
Space Invaders and Combat were my first games. I still have my 2600 somewhere. River Raid and Phoenix were just awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]