Diablo® III

What class will you play on release?

43 Worgen Druid
For those of you who have seen videos of the beta, which class do you think you will you start with on release? For me it's between the Wizard and Barbarian from what I've seen so far. In order I would say:

1) Wizard
2) Barbarian
3) Monk
4) Demon Hunter
5) Witch Doctor

I'm not a big fan of alts so I'll probably start with a Wizard and have a barb alt. whats your top 5 in order?
Reply Quote
I thought i would start with wizard like you, but having seen the monk, i think i would enjoy that class quite a bit!!

I'd say, at this point in time its looking like:

1) monk
2) wizard
3) barbarian
4) i dunno...
5) i dunno...
Reply Quote
Barb, Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor. I don't know that I'd ever feel compelled to get to the last 2. My friend described witch doctor best when we were playing last night saying "that class looks like an april fools joke". In the current implementation DH was terribly boring, taking a look at the rework I think it could be much better.
Reply Quote
1. Barbarian
2. Monk
3. Demon Hunter
4. Wizard
5. Witch Doctor (maybe)

I also plan to do both genders of each class just to hear the voice acting that went into them. I am still unsure of Hardcore though, I may try it once with a Wizard or Demon Hunter. Needless to say though Barbarian will be my primary and the one I beat the game with first.
Reply Quote
1)Wizard
2)Demon Hunter
3)Witch Doctor
4)Monk

No plans to play the Barb at all, I've never liked rage/adrenaline type systems (where you build it up by hitting things, but it drops to zero again if you stop moving).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
1. DH, love ranged classes always and forever, the theme the DH brings along is pretty cool too.

2. Witch Doctor/Monk (can't decide).

3. Witch Doctor/Monk - whichever isn't #2.

4. Wizard

5. Barb.
Reply Quote
At moment It's looking like this:
1: Wizard
2: Barbarian
3: Witch Doctor
4: Demon Hunter
5: Monk

Didn't really like the Monk too much - I thought it had potential, but didn't quite like how they went with it for some reason. But It's all subjective, everyone's entitled to their own opinion! :)
2 & 3 were hard choices.

And of course, needless to say, these plans can change at any point in time :)
Edited by PapaToss on 9/24/2011 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
ummmm hmmm..

1. Witch Doctor (think its the top 3 class to play)
2. Necromancer ;)
3. Witch Doctor (female)
4. Barbarian
5. Demon Hunter
6. Wizard

Monk.. its a maybe.
Reply Quote
Wiz, Barb, DH
Reply Quote
Wizard.
Monk
WD
Barb
DH

DH looks the least fun to me right now. However, I think it might shine at higher levels. The huge rain of arrows is pretty BA. Hopefully with the resource adjustment, the class will be more fun to play.

At any rate, I plan to alternate between ranged and melee classes to mix things up. I was a bit resistant to Barb at first, but he's looking to be quite the powerful character. But I love magic so a caster is always my main.
Reply Quote
The first for me will def be Monk. Ever since they announced it with the gameplay footage I was hooked (and of course once I made sure it wasn't like the Monk from Hellfire).
    1. Monk
    2. Wizard
    3. Demon Hunter
    4. Witch Doctor
    5. Barbarian

I will also be doing a Hardcore Monk (with all the evasion and heals it looks to be the easiest to HC).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
1. Witchdoctor
2. Whatever i feel like at the time
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
1. Witch Doctor
2. Wizard
3. Demon Hunter
4. Monk
5. Barbarian

I've never been much of a "melee" person, so I'll probably try the ranged first, and the close combat last.
Reply Quote
1)Wizard
2)Demon Hunter
3)Barbarian
4)Monk
5)Will never EVER play a STUPID Witchdoctor.
Reply Quote
Barbarian
Monk
DH
Wizard
WD

Always been a barbarian player myself. I hope I can get the name "Barbarianman"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]