Diablo® III

Death penalty

Anyone know what the death penalty is in D3. Will it be the same as D2? exp and gold loss?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
i hope the exp loss isnt carried over, that crap died in like 2005 and i hope it stays dead. stupid.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Kangaxx
i hope the exp loss isnt carried over, that crap died in like 2005 and i hope it stays dead. stupid.

The exp loss was brutal when in the high 90s... I hope it remains at just durability loss and nothing else.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
it will be dura loss where gear is level based it would be bad to have an xp penalt and get killed at level 60 drop to 59 and not be able to wear your gear
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Toyodah
it will be dura loss where gear is level based it would be bad to have an xp penalt and get killed at level 60 drop to 59 and not be able to wear your gear

in d2, you could never drop a level
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 07:44 PMPosted by Cynikul
Yes, but it might apply to some people who were convinced on flimsy evidence 20 years ago, with 7 out of 9 witnesses taking back their testimonies. Not even a request from Jimmy Carter AND the Pope can even buy it a delay.

Lol news.
Reply Quote

The exp loss was brutal when in the high 90s... I hope it remains at just durability loss and nothing else.

Yeah, obviously you 2 want a game on easy mode. XP loss is the only death penalty in any game discourages careless play. 10% durability loss is for whiney crybabies who don't know how to play a real game. After level 85 in D2 all anyone ever did is endless Baal runs anyway and those are extremely easy. You can do Uber Tristram at level 85 if you have the gear for it. As it is, you can just plow through softcore and never worry about dying, because you spawn 30 feet away, with all your gear on, so it was basically just a free teleport out of harms way with full health. Its like death doesn't even matter, and if in a group you can just revive anyway. 10% durability loss is childs play unless late game it costs an insane amount of money to repair your gear, but this would hurt regular people who didn't die constantly to much. I seriously don't know of any way they could possibly make this game more of an easy mode game.
Edited by Xeridea on 9/24/2011 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
XP loss is meaningless in a game where you're meant to hit level cap around the same time as you kill Hell Diablo. So far as we know it's only the 10% dura hit, but even if the XP loss is there, it's all but meaningless.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 08:23 PMPosted by Xeridea

Yeah, obviously you 2 want a game on easy mode. XP loss is the only death penalty in any game discourages careless play. 10% durability loss is for whiney crybabies who don't know how to play a real game. After level 85 in D2 all anyone ever did is endless Baal runs anyway and those are extremely easy. You can do Uber Tristram at level 85 if you have the gear for it. As it is, you can just plow through softcore and never worry about dying, because you spawn 30 feet away, with all your gear on, so it was basically just a free teleport out of harms way with full health. Its like death doesn't even matter, and if in a group you can just revive anyway. 10% durability loss is childs play unless late game it costs an insane amount of money to repair your gear, but this would hurt regular people who didn't die constantly to much. I seriously don't know of any way they could possibly make this game more of an easy mode game.

Not when your gear costs 200k gold to repair.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 07:44 PMPosted by Cynikul
Yes, but it might apply to some people who were convinced on flimsy evidence 20 years ago, with 7 out of 9 witnesses taking back their testimonies. Not even a request from Jimmy Carter AND the Pope can even buy it a delay.

What about the cop that he killed. Where's the justice for him?
Edited by Boneitis on 9/24/2011 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]