Diablo® III

Where is all the Attack on the Gear?

90 Orc Warrior
So, I poured over the gear a number of times, seeing what would and would not be a nice pickup for the various needs of a Barbarian. I learned a lot about what to and what NOT to expect from the gear.

The biggest issue I saw, was that there seemed to be a severe lack to the amount of the attribute "Attack" on the gear. Now, as best as I can determine, Attack is similar to Attack Rating from diablo 2, where you need X amount of it to increase your chance to hit mobs of Increasing levels by Y.

Obviously there is the Random Property aspect of gear to take into account... But should we be expecting to depend on these Random Properties to be increasing our attack?

The only saving grace to this issue, is that the Radiant Star Rubies grant a bonus of 100 attack each. However, it seems as if there are very few pieces of gear with sockets on them.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
As you said, I think that Attack will be found frequently in the random properties. Remember that Attack is one of the four character stats, doing for all classes what Strength did for melee classes in D2. Thus we already see that many of the weapons have straight +% to damage modifiers, and I would expect to see Attack to show up frequently in places where we often saw stats on D2 items, such as on rings, gloves, shoulders, chest pieces, helms, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]