Diablo® III

How many acts total in Diablo 3?

The beta (unfortunately I didn't get in!) shows act I takes about an hour or two to finish. How many acts total does Diablo 3 have?

Assuming it takes 2 hours per Act, how many hours do you think it would need to be worth the average 60 dollars price like SC2? Or maybe they will make it free by using the auction house to make money.
Reply Quote
The beta is only the first 3rd of act one.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
There are 4 acts in total.
Reply Quote
It is amazing how uninformed people can be.
Reply Quote
If it is only a third of Act 1, then that means (multiply by 3) about 3-6 hours total for Act 1. 4 Acts combined means about 12-24 hours of entertainment for around 60 dollars?

I mention this because I saw a replay on youtube showing that the first third of Act 1 can be completed in an hour. So if you take your time, it will probably take 2 hours.
Edited by edepot on 9/23/2011 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There are 4 acts in the entire game.

If we take each difficulty into account the game should be well over 100 hours - assuming you explore the content.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Keep in mind while diablo 3 has and will contain QUITE A BIT OF STORY LINE its main focus is grinding. :X You will have the 4 acts and I believe 3-4 difficulties? So it'll be quite a bit.
Reply Quote
I don't know. 24 hours only? I thought exploring types of games like Diablo 3 were along the lines of Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Fallout 3, which definitely has more than 24 hours. More like 200 to 500 hours of fresh content. I have a feeling 4 acts is not enough to justify the price. Unlike SC2, where you can have competitive multiplayer, killing the same AI monsters over and over again (with no new fresh content) doesn't seem likely. Are they going to allow custom maps or new maps that players can build or something like that in SC2? Something along the lines of Second Life or Mindcraft?
Reply Quote
Way cheaper than a hooker...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/23/2011 05:53 PMPosted by edepot
I don't know. 24 hours only? I thought exploring types of games like Diablo 3 were along the lines of Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Fallout 3, which definitely has more than 24 hours. More like 200 to 500 hours of fresh content. I have a feeling 4 acts is not enough to justify the price. Unlike SC2, where you can have competitive multiplayer, killing the same AI monsters over and over again (with no new fresh content) doesn't seem likely. Are they going to allow custom maps or new maps that players can build or something like that in SC2? Something along the lines of Second Life or Mindcraft?

Based on how many people have played D2 and for how long they've played, 4 acts and 4 difficulty levels will provide much, much more time than just 24 hours.

They also have expansions planned, so you're looking at another one or two acts, both of which should clock in at 3-6 hours most likely, and each xpac will probably also increase the level cap and add possibly additional skills and gear to farm, so the longevity of D3 isn't really a big issue.
Edited by Samayael on 9/23/2011 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If it is only a third of Act 1, then that means (multiply by 3) about 3-6 hours total for Act 1. 4 Acts combined means about 12-24 hours of entertainment for around 60 dollars?

I mention this because I saw a reply on youtube showing that the first third of Act 1 can be completed in an hour. So if you take your time, it will probably take 2 hours.

ya but you arent done yet, then you get 3 more difficulties, which take longer and longer and get harder and harder.
Reply Quote
Later acts tend to take longer. Also 4 difficulties, also replayability.
Reply Quote
Lol, the time spent playing won't be from the story line/acts for sure. If you are a true Diablo fan this game will give you years of entertainment and nothing less.
Edited by theFAILtrain on 9/23/2011 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Let's assume you're correct in saying that Act 1 will take approximately 3-6 hours. I don't know about you, but personally I'd think that the other Acts will take a longer time to complete compared to Act 1 (maybe 3-4 hours for Act 1, 3.5-4.5 hours for Act 2 etc. but these are all, of course, just rough guesses). Why?
Well, there's difficulty. You'll have to be more careful, monsters will die slower, and you'll die more often. However, if you're saying that you will only play through the Normal Difficulty and then quit the game, I guess you could be correct in saying It's 12-24 hours playtime. Personally I think It'll be the upper roof of that guess - but of course, once we've played through it several times we will surely start playing through it faster.

But even if you are correct in saying Normal will take 12-24 hours to complete - let's assume 18 hours then, you will have to play through all the other difficulty settings. (Unless you want to quit after normal! But if you want to do that, maybe you shouldn't buy the game, because clearly you won't enjoy it enough to play it through).
There are 4 difficulty settings in Diablo 3. So that means you will get 72 hours of gameplay.

Now if you want to do it with every character, you'll get 360 hours of gameplay. You'd probably run it through a lil bit faster every time though, so let's say 300 hours?

Granted, not all of us will want to play the game through with every single character. Some of us will only play the game through on normal I guess (But that will be very rare I believe), some of us will play through all difficulty settings on one character. Some of us will do it on a couple of characters, and others will do it with every single character. Some of us will keep playing even after we've mastered every difficulty level - because we love the game and we want to find more epiX gear, and slay more monsters!

No matter which type mentioned above you are, unless you're the one who just plays through Normal - I'm sure you'll get your moneys worth. And playing through normal only still provides as much or even more game time than some other games out there, for the same price.

Long story short: What the hell you on about? :p
Edited by PapaToss on 9/23/2011 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I mention this because I saw a reply on youtube showing that the first third of Act 1 can be completed in an hour. So if you take your time, it will probably take 2 hours.

u know nothing. its just beta............
Reply Quote
Ok. I did a search on "how long does it take to finish Diablo 2", and I got this as first link on google:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080730043127AAWcvvx

The answers there says about 15 hours average (posted 3 years ago).

So my guess was not that far off, about 12-24, but more on the lower side. Now, I don't know about you, but looking at youtube videos of the Diablo 3, it seems the graphics for all the items looks the same, only the stats are increased. Is it really worth grinding through the game just to see the same graphics of monsters and items, but changed stats on them? It seems so repetitive to me. What is the goal in that? Who wants to waste time just to see the same things but just bumped numbers? In the inventory screen, all the items are also 2D representations with same graphics, just different numbers on stats.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
09/23/2011 05:56 PMPosted by David
Way cheaper than a hooker...

Yeeeeah, but that'd be more appealing way of looking at it if there was more fanservice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ok. I did a search on "how long does it take to finish Diablo 2", and I got this as first link on google:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080730043127AAWcvvx

The answers there says about 15 hours average (posted 3 years ago).

So my guess was not that far off, about 12-24, but more on the lower side. Now, I don't know about you, but looking at youtube videos of the Diablo 3, it seems the graphics for all the items looks the same, only the stats are increased. Is it really worth grinding through the game just to see the same graphics of monsters and items, but changed stats on them? It seems so repetitive to me. What is the goal in that? Who wants to waste time just to see the same things but just bumped numbers? In the inventory screen, all the items are also 2D representations with same graphics, just different numbers on stats.

Stop talking.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
To say "one" game is the same thing over and over would be dumb I'm a gamer iv played many of games im my day. Diablo yes is pretty much the same thing over and over but so is wow if you really thing about it how much does the game really change. Along with mmo's any fps you will play will be the same thing over and over D3 is going to rock socks in the gaming world you know why? Well that's simple its D3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]