Diablo® III

Hatred changes

From my point of view, this change might actually limit demon hunter build diversity, since now, DHs are pretty much forced to run with a fury generation and fury spender if we want to do decent damage whereas before, we could mix and match more easily.

I don't agree, with all of the beta footage I've seen people were stacking all hatred skills anyways. Now you can use the cool single target skills like hungering arrow and bola shot (which were the major skills before) to get hatred and use the spenders (which now have an increased damage) to really deal the pain. To be honest I was worried about being resource starved, I'm so relieved that blizzard made the change.
Edited by Mitouson on 9/29/2011 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Marine
They should have just made hatred regenerate faster or something so we wouldn't be forced to chose a hatred generator and a hatred spending in our 6 skills. This kind of limits diversity. What do you guys think?

You aren't forced to take a hatred generator or spender, it is the ideal set up with the changes but not required. If you really wanted to go against the ideal set up, which I'm sure some people will do, you just have to build for hatred management which is basically what you need to do to be effective with the original resource/skill set up. Or you can take no spender and never worry about hatred lol...
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 11:58 PMPosted by JumpyMonkey
They should have just made hatred regenerate faster or something so we wouldn't be forced to chose a hatred generator and a hatred spending in our 6 skills. This kind of limits diversity. What do you guys think?

You aren't forced to take a hatred generator or spender, it is the ideal set up with the changes but not required. If you really wanted to go against the ideal set up, which I'm sure some people will do, you just have to build for hatred management which is basically what you need to do to be effective with the original resource/skill set up. Or you can take no spender and never worry about hatred lol...

This has been my type of build for a while: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#alZUQk!WXc!aZaZYa

No generator, just two spenders. Fundamentals and the passive hatred regen I hope will be enough to keep up with either impales for single enemies/small groups/bosses, where rain of vengeance will be my main AOE dps.

Caltrops for the slow (Cull the weak), and also the crit improvement when you stand in it for nice synergy with impale and RoV. Shadow Power lets you increase damage whenever possible. Juggle cooldowns with Preparation so you can keep spending discipline as necessary to augment your hatred usage.

Feels damn solid to me.
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Marine

I don't know, to say that you are limiting yourself by having to use a hatred generator to gain your resource is like saying that the barbarian and the monk will be limiting themselves by doing the same. (now I know that the demon hunter is not those classes, but functionality is now similar) One of the great things though is that the demon hunters resource will also regens on its own. so you don't have to get the generators if you don't want to, you probably will be a little starved though. All of the hatred generators do at least 100% weapon damage (Grenades and rapid shot being the exception but with the ability to hit more people) and have a better effect then just shooting a regular arrow. i.e. piercing and seeking, entangling groups, and exploding ect. Why then would you not use the hatred generators?
Reply Quote
I think the best question is now, when will it be implemented.
Reply Quote
09/26/2011 07:41 AMPosted by dslyecix

This has been my type of build for a while: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#alZUQk!WXc!aZaZYa

No generator, just two spenders. Fundamentals and the passive hatred regen I hope will be enough to keep up with either impales for single enemies/small groups/bosses, where rain of vengeance will be my main AOE dps.

Caltrops for the slow (Cull the weak), and also the crit improvement when you stand in it for nice synergy with impale and RoV. Shadow Power lets you increase damage whenever possible. Juggle cooldowns with Preparation so you can keep spending discipline as necessary to augment your hatred usage.

Feels damn solid to me.

I hate to burst your bubble, but with the Hatred regen cutting in half of what it was, and only having a pool of 100, it won't be enough.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Seems to me a lot of people are focusing so heavily on the individual skills that they are missing the point a little.

One ability spamming is not fun - the old D2 wirlwind barb or Orb sorc got kinda boring preatty quick and robs the game of opertunities for people to excel and be challenged by there class.

What we have now is skills that people should chose to work with their play style and synergise well with your other skills.

Just looking at the current skill calculator I can see a lot of potential for combinations like Indigo Entangling Shot, Alabaster Multishot and Golden Vault. Your hatred generator feeds your multishot which ensures you have the discipline to keep vaulting until the cows come home.

Most classes have skills that will naturally work well together and undoubtedly there will be gear that helps even more with tailoring to a specific style of play.
Reply Quote
When did the patch hit? This media guide says they used hatred generators and hatred spenders in their beta playthrough. Can someone confirm the patch to add generators and spenders is live?
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/716920/diablo-3-beta-demon-hunter-guide-double-the-crossbows-double-the-fun/
Reply Quote
When did the patch hit? This media guide says they used hatred generators and hatred spenders in their beta playthrough. Can someone confirm the patch to add generators and spenders is live?
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/716920/diablo-3-beta-demon-hunter-guide-double-the-crossbows-double-the-fun/

It is not in the beta, it looks like they got to play a more recent, updated build...probably at the Blizzard offices.
Reply Quote
It didn't, as far as I can tell. I don't have a key, but I do have the client downloaded, and it hasn't had an update since patch 4 and says it currently is still up to date.
Reply Quote
I thought that the media and the friends and family all got the same version of beta? Someone should contact the author and see why their demon hunter is different from the ones I see in the friends and family streams.

On the live streams for D3. They are pretty much non-existent. I would like to see m a ton other streamers and myself get into the beta to do some hands on playing.
Reply Quote
Currently it is the two resource system in the beta. I am guessing they will soon patch the generator/spender set up. Soon being a relative term.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
This looks great! I love range classes (<--- huntard main xP) and the DH looked extremely weak in beta vids. Hopefully this will give them an advantage.

But Bash, is Strafe supposed to COST 2 hatred per second? It says its a "hatred generator", but also says it costs 2 hatred per sec? Confusing if it's not a typo.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/active/strafe
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]