Diablo® III

The reason this forum is so volatile.

I am just lil edge due to lack of sleep thinking about the D3 for last 2 weeks... and checking account 30 times a day....

i have no idea what stuck in my head that any minute i am not F5ing i feel like is 1 min missed in bEta.... but it their....... =o
Reply Quote
I'm still on the forums cause I'm addicted :(

I should be writing papers and studying for exams but...

Ugh...

God I wish I didnt have a real job and a mortgage........ I wish I was in school again.

Do yourself a favor and don't get a "communications" degree. The guys I know that majored in that are now working at Walmart.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 01:51 PMPosted by Vitorian
The target they refer to was 2011

Not hitting your target or moving your target doesnt' mean the game was delayed, it just means you aren't going to hit your target.

Sure their target was delayed, but they CONSTANTLY said they can't confirm a 2011 release because they don't know if they can hit it.

And honestly I always knew it was never going to be released in 2011, it's BLIZZARD afterall...
Reply Quote
I'm still on the forums cause I'm addicted :(

I should be writing papers and studying for exams but...

Ugh...

God I wish I didnt have a real job and a mortgage........ I wish I was in school again.

Do yourself a favor and don't get a "communications" degree. The guys I know that majored in that are now working at Walmart.

Working on my degree towards Criminal Justice/Business... i am going to be a Crime Boss ;) lol or at least that what my fellow cops been joking about/business teachers
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 01:58 PMPosted by BazDefunct
The target they refer to was 2011

Not hitting your target or moving your target doesnt' mean the game was delayed, it just means you aren't going to hit your target.

Sure their target was delayed, but they CONSTANTLY said they can't confirm a 2011 release because they don't know if they can hit it.

And honestly I always knew it was never going to be released in 2011, it's BLIZZARD afterall...

Now were just splitten hairs here.....
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 01:29 PMPosted by Cheesy
Things aren't going to get better here until more people get into the beta and are having fun.

110% agree with this post. I wish they would send more waves of invites right away. People are just not happy. It is because literately there are no good games as of right now to keep people busy. People are waiting for Skyrim and BF3, which I am waiting for my self. But in the mean while, people come here to flame Blizzard for all the hard work they have been doing. It is completely unfair.

Reply Quote
im happy with the new item section, but i would still like to test my favortie game ever invented.

However, some of my friends, are not DEVOTED diablo players, they hardly know anything about the game and I, formal diablo 2 player with 6 years of experience at the game have to watch them being noobs. I mean i have nothing against the fact that blizzard want to test their game on !@#$ty computers but stills, at this moment in time, since the game realease date got delayed i think that server issues/ technical issues can be avoided cause you really dont need to dig into that right now, all you need to do is watch how people are ''grinding'' the game, cause this game is all about grinding if nobody knows... MAYBE it changed, but i have a hard time believing that... cool downs etc will only slow the game down ( time wise)
But it wont stop people from completly ruining the game, it will only allow them to slowly ruin the game... unlike diablo 2 wich got *#%%d in about 2 years...

in other words, give to those who deserve...

this is what i call BS... but however. Once blizzard will actually understand that they have to give betas to the ones who actually care about the game then we'll go forward, until then. Hope is all you have left.

Im not pointing out blizzard directly. Im pointing out the fact that even a 12 year old could '' test the beta''.

Reply Quote
I don't think that OP is correct. Once the beta was released for SC2 and some big key waves had been released, the forum was still volatile, and full of complaints from those who didn't get in (me included).

So I don't think the situation is likely to improve with a few large waves.
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warrior
09/24/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Oni
im not necessarily happy, but at least im not delusional and entitled like a lot of the people here are.

Some people just really like this game.

Things would be different if there was a Open beta Server test?, where everyone could help out blizzard by crashing there server 1000x times a day, then there would be 100 threads about servers being down...people are just going to complain sometimes

Yeah, because there is no middle ground between not letting anyone in and having an open beta. Come on - at least make an attempt to think.
Reply Quote
Hardly anyone is happy. Very few people have the beta, the game just got delayed, and blizzard is providing us with little information.

Now I know there are those who say IDC that game got delayed or that they don't have a beta key, But if they're don't why are they on these forums?

Its hard to find constructive conversations on this forum because hardly anyone is happy. Its just troll after troll after whining thread. Maybe its blizzards fault. People care more about blue posts than actual topics. Because blue posts on these forums are generally more informative than actually announcements.

There is no sense of community or fun like there is on reddit. I constantly see people getting reported for no reason, or snobby Dbag comments that serve no purpose at all. Sure I love trolling and all but it has its place.

Things aren't going to get better here until more people get into the beta and are having fun.

you just described every single blizzard forum; go over to the WoW forums its more of the same; go check out the starcraft forums more of the same;;

i am inclined to say that behind the Left 4 Dead 2 community; all of the blizzard communities are some of the worst of the worst online cesspool. when alot of people who play an unhealthy amount of video-games congregate and this is what happens.

Actually I think that League of Legends and HoN has some pretty horribad communities as well. As did DotA if I recall. For some reason, MOBAs just have !@#$ty communities.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I cannot agree more with you bro, nice thread.
Reply Quote
The reason this forum is so volatile is lack of consistent moderation.

You say a tenth of the crap that gets said here on an organized and modded forum and you're out before you can edit your post.

I understand the reasons why blizz doesn't hire/recruit more mods, but i don't think its valid.

Needs moar banhammer.
Reply Quote
It's funny to see everyone mad. The main reason is for the itch of the game. I always had a feeling the game was going to be out march 2012. Why? Idk but I just always felt that way. I've been waiting patiently for over 7 years now I guess the itch went away a few years ago. As far as the game everyone keeps complaining about stuff they can't even play/test for themselves. Wait out and you'll see the wait is worth it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]