Diablo® III

Female Barbarian a little to MANly?

90 Human Paladin
I have been seeing the screen shots of the female barb... and well to put it nicely she is FUGLY. I don't even think her fellow male barbs would allow her into bed. I understand that she should be a bit muscular as she is a BARBARIAN!!! But I think maybe a Xena looking barb would be a bit more appealing.
I think the in game female barb should look more like the one in the character overview section of this site. If you look at the female barbs concept artwork she isn't completely hideous...
Anyhow what do you think forum?

Edit: Nowhere in this post did I say she needed to be 5'11 and 110 pounds with huge !@#$. I just saw some beta footage of the character creation screen, and she looked like the male barb with a slight hair and face change...
No I don't want her to be a petite woman with huge breasts. She is a barb and should look like one! I haven't seen any high res actual game play of the female barb but from the character select screen she is a lil too beefy. I guess that would be the best way for me to put it.
Edited by Melonsmasher on 9/24/2011 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Some guys are into that, I know I for sure am.
Reply Quote
yeah definitely need to be more like Xena. as it is now I'm never going to play a female barb, damn thing is hideous.
Reply Quote
I have been seeing the screen shots of the female barb... and well to put it nicely she is FUGLY. I don't even think her fellow male barbs would allow her into bed. I understand that she should be a bit muscular as she is a BARBARIAN!!! But I think maybe a Xena looking barb would be a bit more appealing.
Anyhow what do you think forum?

I see what you're saying, but I believe they captured the idea of a female barbarian well. Leaving behind out current cultural perception of a "beautiful woman" -- skinny, nearly naked, etc. -- and actually crafting a character around a story.

The barbarian plays a tank role; when I hear "tank", I expect big, bulky, and in the way. The current character model for both Barbarians plays well to that idea, in my opinion.

Thanks for bringing this up! I was wondering what others thought, too.
Reply Quote
I think they should make female barbs the same age as the male ones. Story-wise, it could make sense, cause the story could be they didn't start fighting until after D2. That would mean for sure then though that the D3 barb is the same (or at least the same gen) as the D2 barb. Maybe this is the storyline.

Anyhow, if there are younger female barbs, where are the younger male barbs? I think it's most consistent to make them all old.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
the female barbs who became warriors where the ones who where manly ..duh
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Yes a nordic woman that has spent her life battling with huge heavy weapons is probably going to be a thing of beauty.

Derp.

Xena isn't ugly IMO... just saying they could make her a bit more shapely I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
She is fine. It's good to have a female character that doesn't fit the stereotypes. Some guys like the strong women like that too.
Reply Quote
She's what you'd call a "handsome woman." Still, makes more sense than having a thin, feeble-looking girl being a nearly invincible powerhouse barbarian.
Edited by KarMAzasz on 9/24/2011 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/24/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Thander
It's good to have a female character that doesn't fit the stereotypes. Some guys like the strong women like that too.

I agree but even body building girls IRL aren't quite that ugly...
Reply Quote
Maid of Tarth. Amirite?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
09/24/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Melonsmasher
It's good to have a female character that doesn't fit the stereotypes. Some guys like the strong women like that too.

I agree but even body building girls IRL aren't quite that ugly...

Beauty is subjective.

When Skelington looks at his avatar, he thinks its the most beautiful thing ever.
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Rogue
09/24/2011 03:41 PMPosted by KarMAzasz
She's what you'd call a "handsome woman." Still, makes more sense than having a thin, feeble-looking girl being a nearly invincible powerhouse barbarian.

... stolen line is stolen.
Reply Quote
I think she's sexy, and there's nothing wrong with her. Quit trying to fix her!! Go fix your own girlfriend. LoL.
Reply Quote
I don't know what you're talking about. She's not even ugly, her face looks like it has make-up on.

Her body is shapely for a large woman, and isn't a muscular build. Have you watched the Olympics? Have you actually seen athletic women?

If anything, she is too attractive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]