Diablo® III

Female Barbarian a little to MANly?

100 Dwarf Hunter
Maybe she's supposed to be !@#$ ugly? I think the barbarians are supposed to be more hopped up on Nephalim than most people?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
If anything you are asking it to look unrealistic for the strength a barbarian possesses.
Edited by Juul on 9/24/2011 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
are we talking about
this one : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/
or
this one : http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/barbarian.xml ?

cause if were talking about the former, i find her pretty hot for a women that come from a harsh, warrior culture.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i think blizzard should make her similar to the amazon's model
gentle normal voice, barbaric fighting voice, slim but semi muscular/fit model

this might just be my personal opinion

That works for the Amazon because they are more AGILE than they are STRONG. Amazons were light weapon and bows/cross bows, Barbarians are not.

Slim but fit doesn't work when you're smashing through things with a two hander/2 one handers. You need muscle to do that.

I for one am glad Blizzard is starting to move away from catering to nerdy guy fantasies and giving us a vast range of woman body types, fitting with their lore and class.
Reply Quote
mmm I'd let the current female barbarian do WHATEVER she wants to me
Reply Quote
Ok take it easy....
Reply Quote
I personally like the beefy nature of the female barb. Not from a sexual point of view god no, but I'd rather some muscular lady than a stick with watermelons strapped to her chest and hips accordingly. A large-set woman named olga who is trained for battle, that's what I expect. Not some petite teenage girl that most of the gaming industry expects to chop and carve their way through monsters.

You want to play a sexy lady? Demon Hunter is incredibly badass, while retaining a frightening amount of femininity and sexiness. And if that doesn't work the Wizard looks good too.
Reply Quote
Couldn't disagree more. I think the ugly barb chick is AWESOME and way more menacing than a wimpy pinup model xena princess. The barb is not supposed to be nimble and frail and pretty, its supposed to be something you definitely wouldn't wanna see charging toward you. Period. If you wanna see someone pretty play a wiz. Or raid your dads dirty magz.
Edited by ThizzFace on 9/24/2011 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
09/24/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Melonsmasher
Are any of you actually reading my post? Judging by the responses you are just looking at the post's title.

Whats the difference? Your title says they look to manly, and the post says they look ugly.

The concept art looks worse methinks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Fenix
are we talking about
this one : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/
or
this one : http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/barbarian.xml ?

cause if were talking about the former, i find her pretty hot for a women that come from a harsh, warrior culture.

Not talking about either of those actually... go watch some of the game play video's and watch them cycle through characters at the character creation screen. She doesn't look like either of those 2 links.
Edited by Melonsmasher on 9/24/2011 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They look like a nordic female superhero to me. I don't see the problem. Give every single female character the same damn body type and everyone looks the exact same with the exact same silhouette. No thanks. I like immediate class identifiability..
Reply Quote
Kinda looks like Princess Fiona from Shrek
Reply Quote
its really just based on preference, i prefer my woman not so muscular, especially because i just have a strong thing against people with muscles they dont deserve. i get my muscles the natural way: HARD FREAKIN LABOR. but yea she still does look a bit wierd but whatever its not like im gonna be a barbarian female.
Reply Quote
No way! She looks gorgeous and much more kickass than female DH or female monk!! No barbies allowed in the battlefield!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like that she is big and buff... and if she was to look exactly like the web page art i wouldnt argue at all but from what I have seen from the Beat videos, she looks nothing like them.... she looks like a man with long red hair.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My cousin won't stop talking about his head between her thighs....
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP.
Reply Quote
actually live streams of in game footage make her alot better looking and sexier than first footage of her/screenshots on the website.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]