Diablo® III

Can Inferno be soloed?

09/24/2011 09:23 PMPosted by Sykros
Anyone know if there is going to be physical or magic immune monsters in D3?

Well no one has played the full game yet, but I would bet my money that there will be a lot of monsters that are immune to physical and/or magic damage.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
09/24/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Pandorum
Y'all are being too optimistic here. Blizzard's philosophy is accessibility. Making something too difficult hinders accessibility. I think a lot are people are reaching for a difficulty they know and we all know won't happen. We won't die countless times making us rethink our builds and strategies. Blizzard won't do that because it's not fun. There might be a minor annoyance but I believe that since this isn't an optional mode but required for progress it's gonna get steamrolled.

it doesnt matter how easy they make stuff, most people will still fail for some unknown reason.

i guess left and right clicking is too complicated for a lot of ppl.
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Pandorum
Y'all are being too optimistic here. Blizzard's philosophy is accessibility. Making something too difficult hinders accessibility. I think a lot are people are reaching for a difficulty they know and we all know won't happen. We won't die countless times making us rethink our builds and strategies. Blizzard won't do that because it's not fun. There might be a minor annoyance but I believe that since this isn't an optional mode but required for progress it's gonna get steamrolled.

Well, D3 is very accessible on normal mode. Doesn't mean they will make Inferno as accessible. People who finish normal mode has access to the whole game/story, just not the best loot.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
09/24/2011 09:31 PMPosted by Nicco

Well, D3 is very accessible on normal mode. Doesn't mean they will make Inferno as accessible. People who finish normal mode has access to the whole game/story, just not the best loot.

yeah but if wow can tell us anything its how entitled they feel they are to the better loot. i woouldnt be surprised if enough ppl complained to get nightmare hell and inferno nerfed cause the people on normal complained too much that it was too hard and they have just as much a right to the better gear as people who beat the harder content to get it.

i hope that wont be the case, but at the very least there will be a LOT of crying about it for sure.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I tihnk inferno being hard is geared for group play, but problem is, they did say d3 was aimed to be soloable in the past.
Reply Quote
From blue if you guys didn't read it...

09/15/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I think they should open up competitive serves that are the loot style of Diablo 2, with loot that isn't shared,1 kill is only 1 set of loot. This would make items seem worth more in my opinion.

The worth of an item is determined by its rarity and the combination of stats and affixes it has. Whether you have to elect to play in a specific style, just so you have a better chance of grubbing the loot, doesn't play into value.

We elected for this system to correct design elements that weren't particularly fun from the past. In our view: Killing monsters is fun. Getting loot is fun. Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

HOPEFULLY they just make inferno mode as hard as there saying its truly going to be...but doubtful. they need to make inferno mode, UN-soloable and hell mode semi soloable hopefully this is the case

The difficulty of the game shifts as players join and leave your party, so this suggestion doesn't make sense in that context. In addition, Diablo III is meant to be a game that can be enjoyed both solo and in small group, so enforcing a level of difficulty so high that soloing is impossible is similarly nonsensical.

Are you trolling?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]