Diablo® III

Item Database: Temporary/Unknown items?

Just read the article on the item database, and it mentioned two things briefly that are a bit un-clear.

"The main Items page currently provides a glimpse at some temporary items, similar to what may be available in the final Diablo III game."

Does this mean that all of the items shown are merely "examples" and not actual items we'll find in the game? Or are just a few of them in as placeholders for item groups that have yet to be fully develop, or does this just refer to how the items shown are subject to change as the game gets closer to completion?

"...will display all currently known items in the game in that group."

Does this mean that some items, perhaps some of the rarer ones, aren't shown yet? And won't be shown until players discover them in-game? Or will they all be revealed at release, or some short time after? Or will some items never show up in the database?

The easiest way to answer these questions would be a blue response, but if anyone knows some information about this from another source, that would be helpful as well.
Reply Quote
I was wondering the same thing. I hope this isn't a complete list. Some of the categories seem to be lacking on good things to choose from late game like belts, shoulders, and legs.

Also I was a bit surprised when they put this up. You would think that they would want the players to find the items on their own and always wonder if there is something undiscovered out there that nobody has found yet. Having a complete list like this kinda takes some of the fun and mystery out of the game.
Reply Quote
"
The main Items page currently provides a glimpse at some temporary items, similar to what may be available in the final Diablo III game."

Some may be completely placeholder, some may somewhat resemble final stats, and some might be quite close to final stats. No way to know since even Blizzard does not know at this point. I think the items themselves (the names, which name goes with which item type) are final. Stats are subject to change until release, and they most likely will for balance and etc.

"
"...will display all currently known items in the game in that group."

I don't think players will have to discover them for them to show up in the database no. All items will be listed in the database I think. Bashiok somewhat confirmed this by saying "All items implemented in game will be shown there", to that effect. Also, no I don't think the current database is complete. There will definitely be more (look to the recipes for the Inferno materials and etc for a clue). Yes, that's correct, there aren't any yet.
Edited by HeftyStyle on 9/26/2011 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]