Diablo® III

The two biggest issues with Diablo 3

70 Orc Shaman
Resubbed on my US-account so I can post on the official american Diablo 3 forums, cause the EU one is close to dead when it comes to blue activity. we had like almost 10 days without a blue reply in the forums. But that is not what I wanted to talk about right now, I have greater issues in mind!

This is my original post from the EU forums:

There’s probably tons of topics that touch these issues but I want to share my own opinion. Or rather I must or I wouldn’t be a true fan of the Diablo series. So please listen carefully now Blizzard to what I have to say.

It’s still time to do something about these two issues I’m going to focus on, or at least give us your loyal fans an explanation to why these two things would make Diablo 3 a much less enjoyable game..

First issue: Not able to go hostile in Diablo 3.

Why wouldn’t you let us go hostile? What is this reason? You feel like it’s too hardcore to be able to hostile someone whenever you want?

I feel that that thing alone made Diablo 2 a much better game than the competition, to be able to go hostile whenever you wanted to.
It made the game feel, no it made me feel alive, a feeling I never ever experienced in any other game till this day.
I were one of those hardcore player killers (top ranked in Europe), so I had to watch out for myself all the time, I were a wanted man. We PKs had those damn PKK after us ;) . And now you are removing that from the game? How are you guys at blizzard thinking?

I loved the feeling when someone clicked hostile, your heart always started to pump a little bit extra in those games, especially when you were going to enter a WP/TP. Maybe the PK or PKK was standing there waiting for you?
If you can’t handle the pressure..Don’t play open games, just play password protected games. That’s my opinion..

With this decision you are destroying the whole PK community, what is our place now in Diablo 3?
I feel that my identity has been taken away from me…Even my legendary nickname muSPK heritage from Diablo 2. The PK stands for Player Killer, how am I going to identify myself in this game when there is no more PK?

Second issue: Diablo 3 only to support 4 players per game.

How can this be? Diablo 2 supported 8 players per game, there should be no problem for Diablo 3 to at least support the same amount of players or even more.

Blizzard claims that too much will be going on the screen, it will be caos.. Too many spells etc, so you won’t see what’s going on.
If we pretend that this is true, well not all 8 people need to be playing at the exact same spot in the game, players can and will be spread out. And Blizzard could turn down the animations and grafics of the spells if this really is such a huge issue.

Why can’t you guys give us 8 people or even 16 players per game? How is this not possible in the year of 2011 when it worked great back in 2000?

I heard that you guys at Blizzard are testing 4vs4 people in the PvP-mode, can you please explain for me, why 8 players can work in PVP but not in PVE?

I have been talking about this issue with a lot of friends and they all thought at first that I were kidding. 4 players are nothing.
I can tell you this much, you don’t have the majority of the Diablo community behind you about the decision to only allow 4 players per game, you really don’t.

You want this game to be an online only experience, but why can’t I be online in the same game as my 7 friends? What should I tell them? We were looking forward to be playing together side by side once again..

Hopefully the 4 players limit it’s not set in stone yet and you are still considering to allow more than 4 players per game.

I care about this game, I really do. I want it to reach it’s fullest potential, and with that said..

/You have been slain by muSPK!
Edited by Muspk on 9/27/2011 2:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
did you play on mag horde
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 02:29 AMPosted by snoozletoes
did you play on mag horde

Yes I did, many years ago :).
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
i just read these 2 lines

you seem to think diablo3 should be a copy cat of diablo 2. i wonder why is that. like people ragging because they didnt make runewords in d3. cmon dude. get over d2 already and get ready for a new experience.

as to try to convince you that pvp arena is better than free for all hostile i would just say that the only difference is that now you cannot kill someone who doesnt want to pvp (aka harrassing him).
Reply Quote
i knew it, i love you
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 02:31 AMPosted by snoozletoes
i knew it, i love you

Aww, love you too <3.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I didn't like playing with any more than 4 people, and preferred 3, so I'm definitely not going to miss 8 players.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
you seem to think diablo3 should be a copy cat of diablo 2. i wonder why is that. like people ragging because they didnt make runewords in d3. cmon dude. get over d2 already and get ready for a new experience.

as to try to convince you that pvp arena is better than free for all hostile i would just say that the only difference is that now you cannot kill someone who doesnt want to pvp (aka harrassing him).

No I want it to succeed, to be a better game then Diablo 2, and I don't believe the game will be more fun with less players in it per game then D2 had. Actually I would like to see maybe 16 players per game. To only allow 4 players per game is ridiculous. Not even all 5 classes can be in the same game.
But you maybe prefer to not be able to play together with your friends in the same game..

Well there should be an option to flag games or characters for PVP/PK when you make them, that people can "harass" you anywhere you go in game..
Shouldn't just totally remove that option, that was a really bad move by Blizzards part. Because of this I lost my identity in Diablo 3..And I want it back!
Edited by Muspk on 9/27/2011 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree completely, we need world PvP and we need 8+ players even more. Was honestly hoping for at least 12.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not really into PvP myself but if you had a flag and unflaged system like in WoW I'd be fine with it. if I wanted to fight every baka I came across while trying to play a game I enjoy, like the look of the streams, I'd be on a PvP server.

As for larger groups I am fine with that as well, 4 is also fine so either way I'm fine with it. Plan to solo more then PUG anyway.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Shaman
I wouldn't be against raising the player limit or letting other players go hostile.

I mean I wouldn't be for it either but I don't think it could hurt as long as they added a few caveats to the system :

-Adding a level range restriction to hostility (+/- 5 levels)
    -Level 60 players can only turn hostile against other level 60 players
    -Restricting fast travel for hostile players
Edited by Souza on 9/27/2011 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote

09/27/2011 02:23 AMPosted by Muspk
With this decision you are destroying the whole PK community, what is our place now in Diablo 3?

There is a whole system set up called the Arena. A specifically designed section of D3 for you, and all the PK community. You and your friends can challenge eachother, or other players, and with the matchmaking system you will battle against other players of similar skill / item level. It is in every conceivable way superior to the hostile system of D2. I'm sure the experience will give you the adrenaline rush you seek.

09/27/2011 02:23 AMPosted by Muspk
How can this be? Diablo 2 supported 8 players per game, there should be no problem for Diablo 3 to at least support the same amount of players or even more.

I'm sure Blizzard could design the game to support 16 players in the game, if not more. But have you stopped to ask yourself why they designed the game to only allow 4 players? Do you think they may have designed the levels, the challenges, the bosses, the map layouts, with this 4 player constriction in mind? Do you think maybe, just maybe, the 4 player constriction might actually have the effect of a more challenging, strategy oriented gaming experience that is ultimately more fun?
Reply Quote
If we pretend that this is true, well not all 8 people need to be playing at the exact same spot in the game, players can and will be spread out.

. . .

You want this game to be an online only experience, but why can’t I be online in the same game as my 7 friends? What should I tell them? We were looking forward to be playing together side by side once again..

So which is it? Will your friends be spread out or will they be fighting side by side?

What group size should Blizzard balance large games for? Keeping a group of 8 together can get very hard, but that's what we will be forced to do if the enemies are hard enough. But if they tone down the enemies and let smaller groups go off, then that will make the game too easy. 8 player groups will stick together not because they need to, but because it's the best way to farm items. That's not fun. Besides, if players are going off in smaller groups, what's the point of having an 8 player game?

Chaotic spell effects was one reason Blizzard gaze for the 4 player cap. Keeping the game balanced was the other main reason for the decision. Going past 4 players makes the game too hard to balance. It would either be too hard or too easy for many players. And, no, 8 players didn't work great in D2. The balance was basically broken with that many players.
Reply Quote
i just read these 2 lines

Surprisingly I only read those 2 as well. PvP will be done in Arenas...
Diablo 3 is set to 4 players because the devs figured it was better that way and felt more like a Diablo game. More like what we, players, would enjoy in the long run.

09/27/2011 03:28 AMPosted by SilverLeaf
I agree completely, we need world PvP and we need 8+ players even more. Was honestly hoping for at least 12.

Let's support over 9000 people. We'll call it World of Diablo. The only way to have content actually interesting for 8+ players, is in PvP or in a raid style area. I don't see myself running with 11 others fighting our way through monsters in such a small place. 12 players in the same map... is just gonna take all your screen. :\
Reply Quote
Because going hostile and killing people around you just to be an !@#$%^- is fun for everybody.....
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 04:58 AMPosted by Ritalynn
Because going hostile and killing people around you just to be an !@#$%^- is fun for everybody.....

Well it's fun for one person really... the one going hostile.

But then it can become fun for those getting hostiled if they kick that guy's butt...

Anyway 4 players game means no room for that kind of PvP, so no point in arguing about it.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 04:52 AMPosted by Achilles
There is a whole system set up called the Arena. A specifically designed section of D3 for you, and all the PK community. You and your friends can challenge eachother, or other players, and with the matchmaking system you will battle against other players of similar skill / item level. It is in every conceivable way superior to the hostile system of D2. I'm sure the experience will give you the adrenaline rush you seek.

Have you played Diablo 2? Or Diablo 2 HC rather? Cause an arena is not the same thing as being a PK in Diablo 2 HC ladder.

09/27/2011 04:52 AMPosted by Achilles
I'm sure Blizzard could design the game to support 16 players in the game, if not more. But have you stopped to ask yourself why they designed the game to only allow 4 players? Do you think they may have designed the levels, the challenges, the bosses, the map layouts, with this 4 player constriction in mind? Do you think maybe, just maybe, the 4 player constriction might actually have the effect of a more challenging, strategy oriented gaming experience that is ultimately more fun?

Yes I have, I think it's gonna be much less fun. They could rework and make bigger worlds, turn down the animation/grafic details etc so more people could fit a game.
But I agree it could be fun with only 4 players, but I believe it would be so much more fun with adding like 10 people more to the games.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 04:59 AMPosted by Muspk
Have you played Diablo 2? Or Diablo 2 HC rather? Cause an arena is not the same thing as being a PK in Diablo 2 HC ladder.

If you really really REALLY want world PK... suggest something around the lines of having games with the option of going PK whenever... then you'd have your whole D3 map to go crazy around and not actually ruin it for people who don't care much to go pking when they're enjoying themselves killing monsters and progressing in the game content...

I don't see this happening, because honestly, who in their right mind is gonna make a PK game when they can easily avoid the problems when they can level freely other than someone who would PvP in the arenas anyway? And 4 players game just doesn't give enough room for that kind of PvP either in regular games.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
Well it's fun for one person really... the one going hostile.

But then it can become fun for those getting hostiled if they kick that guy's butt...

Anyway 4 players game means no room for that kind of PvP, so no point in arguing about it.

That's why I'm hoping the 4 people only per game, will change. Cause 4 people per game is not fun, especially if you trying to PK someone..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]