Diablo® III

The two biggest issues with Diablo 3

09/27/2011 04:59 AMPosted by Muspk
Have you played Diablo 2? Or Diablo 2 HC rather? Cause an arena is not the same thing as being a PK in Diablo 2 HC ladder.

They will have HC arena. I'm sure it will be extremely exhilarating, and if you die, you die for good. Besides how is having a dedicated location, as well as a matchmaking system, all in the name of PVP and PK not good enough? How is going hostile against low levels or summonancers and killing them in seconds better than a challenging experience against players with the same skill level as you?

Yes I have, I think it's gonna be much less fun. They could rework and make bigger worlds, turn down the animation/grafic details etc so more people could fit a game.
But I agree it could be fun with only 4 players, but I believe it would be so much more fun with adding like 10 people more to the games.

Maybe this is just me, but having to use strategy because you don't have every build in 1 party sounds like fun to me. Enjoying the amazing artwok because there are not 7 other player's with minions cluttering up the screen sounds like fun to me. Exploring tight corridors (a diablo trademark) with out being clogged up sounds like fun to me. Having an actual challenge that's not a broken system where 8 players can mean easy mode sounds like fun to me. Again, maybe it's just me.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:06 AMPosted by Muspk
That's why I'm hoping the 4 people only per game, will change. Cause 4 people per game is not fun, especially if you trying to PK someone..

I think you fail to understand the lack of pleasure of some people toward being PK'd because the PK "feels" like it. Most likely because it's someone you personally enjoy, which I suppose is fine. But in Diablo 3, people who wish to PvP, go for PvP arenas, they might introduce some different arena types, maybe battleground similar things as well who know? There's a lot of potential in this game for PvP so long as it's done outside of the PvE games.

And I dunno about Battlegrounds and before someone yells "This isn't WoW" randomly, Guild Wars has arenas with different goals. Other RPGs as well, so it wouldn't need to be "WoW".

Anyway, forget about seeing the option of going hostile on someone in a PvE game, I doubt it's gonna happen. And if it does? I'll be playing private games all the time I guess...
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
If you really really REALLY want world PK... suggest something around the lines of having games with the option of going PK whenever... then you'd have your whole D3 map to go crazy around and not actually ruin it for people who don't care much to go pking when they're enjoying themselves killing monsters and progressing in the game content...

I don't see this happening, because honestly, who in their right mind is gonna make a PK game when they can easily avoid the problems when they can level freely other than someone who would PvP in the arenas anyway? And 4 players game just doesn't give enough room for that kind of PvP either in regular games.

That's what I'm aiming for, and hope that Blizzard will implant into the game.

Ofcourse we will see many people making games where you can go hostile, don't underestimate the PK/PVP community and other people that are looking for a harder challenge.

Think about it in this way. WoW have PVP/PVE/RPG servers, when you make your hero, you can choose if you wanna play by others who want hostile to exists, that are looking for a more hardcore experience or people that just wanna play casual and not die by the hands of another player.

No we won't see that kind of activity if Blizzard are keeping to only allow 4 players per game, but I'm hoping we will at least get the same amount as in D2.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
09/27/2011 04:59 AMPosted by Muspk
Have you played Diablo 2? Or Diablo 2 HC rather? Cause an arena is not the same thing as being a PK in Diablo 2 HC ladder.

hc pk's were the worst nubs lol either they would tppk hack or they would be well known and seen from miles before they could do anything...

and thats exactly what i meant by HARRASMENT !! exactly the kind of behavior blizzard doesnt want in diablo3 kiddo!
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:19 AMPosted by Muspk
Think about it in this way. WoW have PVP/PVE/RPG servers,

Inb4 WoW comments...

Such as "OMG OMG OMG! This be no WoW!!!"

Anyway while you have a point, if they added a PvP option for games, they'd also need to add RP as an option... which, for the second part, would be useless.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 05:08 AMPosted by Achilles
They will have HC arena. I'm sure it will be extremely exhilarating, and if you die, you die for good. Besides how is having a dedicated location, as well as a matchmaking system, all in the name of PVP and PK not good enough? How is going hostile against low levels or summonancers and killing them in seconds better than a challenging experience against players with the same skill level as you?

Wrong, they haven't decided yet if you are gonna die or not in the HC arena. And still an arena is not the same thing as being a PK, where you can run around all over the world to PK someone.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
If you can’t handle the pressure..Don’t play open games, just play password protected games. That’s my opinion..

lol, so, if i want to play with new people to make some friends, am i supposed to fear PK's? I want Co-op multiplayer, and i am going to use public games to make new friends. I really dont want that someone kill me, becase, for me, this is co-op game. If u want PVP, go to arena.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
09/27/2011 05:32 AMPosted by Muspk
And still an arena is not the same thing as being a PK, where you can run around all over the world to PK someone.

so i get it you having fun targeting people who are not geared for PvP, who are easy targets ? why not go into the arena and measure yourself against people who are geared/prepared/experimented instead ? isnt that more challenging then just running around after ''nubs'' ?

09/27/2011 05:27 AMPosted by Nsanity
Inb4 WoW comments...

lol'ed cause this what happens in every damn thread... so sad
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
hc pk's were the worst nubs lol either they would tppk hack or they would be well known and seen from miles before they could do anything...

and thats exactly what i meant by HARRASMENT !! exactly the kind of behavior blizzard doesnt want in diablo3 kiddo!

Well I played a Barbarian and I slayed most people by the hand of my sword, but I can only speak for myself how I played Diablo 2 HC as a PK, I was even ranked top 1 in the ladders in Europe as a PK.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:32 AMPosted by Muspk
Wrong, they haven't decided yet if you are gonna die or not in the HC arena. And still an arena is not the same thing as being a PK, where you can run around all over the world to PK someone.

Now it's my turn to ask you, did you PK in D2? There was no "world" in D2 where you can run around in, this is not an MMO. D2 PVP at it's best was creating games along the line of "Duelzhere" and having a few people show up where you can battle it out. Which is exactly how the arena will work. The other form of PK in D2, which everyone agrees should be gone, is the annoying player showing up in a Trist run, going hostile, and killing everyone he can. I fail to see how having PVP or hostile only games is any different from the arena. The only people who would show up in the PVP only games would be players who are.... looking to PVP.

Also, you have not even played the game yet, you have no idea how the arena will actually play out. Are you so close minded that you won't even try the new arena system before declaring D2's hostile system better?
Edited by Achilles on 9/27/2011 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
09/27/2011 05:42 AMPosted by Muspk
I was even ranked top 1 in the ladders in Europe as a PK.

really, what was your name then ?
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:42 AMPosted by Muspk
I was even ranked top 1 in the ladders in Europe as a PK

And at one point I was ranked top 10 on the USEast in Wc3. How is that revelant with a feature in the game? It's not. That's just random bragging or emphasis on you LOVING to PK.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 05:38 AMPosted by Jurkaleen
so i get it you having fun targeting people who are not geared for PvP, who are easy targets ? why not go into the arena and measure yourself against people who are geared/prepared/experimented instead ? isnt that more challenging then just running around after ''nubs'' ?

No that's not correct, I was targeting EVERYONE, even people with much better gear and higher level then myself, that tried to kill me. Sometimes I died but most times they died..
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:45 AMPosted by Muspk
No that's not correct, I was targeting EVERYONE, even people with much better gear and higher level then myself, that tried to kill me. Sometimes I died but most times they died..

I thought you were HC ladder PK? But you also died sometimes? I smell troll sweat leaking from your pores mon.
Reply Quote
Well I've found someone who thinks the same as you Muspk.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3278898281
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
09/27/2011 05:45 AMPosted by Muspk

thought you said you were pk'ing in hardcore... anyway, what did you say your account was huh ?
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 05:45 AMPosted by Nsanity
And at one point I was ranked top 10 on the USEast in Wc3. How is that revelant with a feature in the game? It's not. That's just random bragging or emphasis on you LOVING to PK.

Well more to make people understand that I had a lot of experience in Diablo 2 and know what I am talking about when it comes to PK on the european HC ladders.

09/27/2011 05:44 AMPosted by Jurkaleen
really, what was your name then ?

muSPK, google is ur best friend ;).

09/27/2011 05:43 AMPosted by Achilles
Also, you have not even played the game yet, you have no idea how the arena will actually play out. Are you so close minded that you won't even try the new arena system before declaring D2's hostile system better?

Well none of us really know how it will be, but we do know that Blizzard has removed hostile in Diablo 3 and that is my issue.
I will probably like the arena in Diablo 3, I never said I won't like it.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 05:47 AMPosted by Achilles
I thought you were HC ladder PK? But you also died sometimes? I smell troll sweat leaking from your pores mon.

You know you can remake a new character if you die in Diablo 2 HC, yes?
Reply Quote
Resubbed on my US-account so I can post on the official american Diablo 3 forums, cause the EU one is close to dead when it comes to blue activity. we had like almost 10 days without a blue reply in the forums. But that is not what I wanted to talk about right now, I have greater issues in mind!

This is my original post from the EU forums:

There’s probably tons of topics that touch these issues but I want to share my own opinion. Or rather I must or I wouldn’t be a true fan of the Diablo series. So please listen carefully now Blizzard to what I have to say.

It’s still time to do something about these two issues I’m going to focus on, or at least give us your loyal fans an explanation to why these two things would make Diablo 3 a much less enjoyable game..

First issue: Not able to go hostile in Diablo 3.

Why wouldn’t you let us go hostile? What is this reason? You feel like it’s too hardcore to be able to hostile someone whenever you want?

I feel that that thing alone made Diablo 2 a much better game than the competition, to be able to go hostile whenever you wanted to.
It made the game feel, no it made me feel alive, a feeling I never ever experienced in any other game till this day.
I were one of those hardcore player killers (top ranked in Europe), so I had to watch out for myself all the time, I were a wanted man. We PKs had those damn PKK after us ;) . And now you are removing that from the game? How are you guys at blizzard thinking?

I loved the feeling when someone clicked hostile, your heart always started to pump a little bit extra in those games, especially when you were going to enter a WP/TP. Maybe the PK or PKK was standing there waiting for you?
If you can’t handle the pressure..Don’t play open games, just play password protected games. That’s my opinion..

With this decision you are destroying the whole PK community, what is our place now in Diablo 3?
I feel that my identity has been taken away from me…Even my legendary nickname muSPK heritage from Diablo 2. The PK stands for Player Killer, how am I going to identify myself in this game when there is no more PK?

Second issue: Diablo 3 only to support 4 players per game.

How can this be? Diablo 2 supported 8 players per game, there should be no problem for Diablo 3 to at least support the same amount of players or even more.

Blizzard claims that too much will be going on the screen, it will be caos.. Too many spells etc, so you won’t see what’s going on.
If we pretend that this is true, well not all 8 people need to be playing at the exact same spot in the game, players can and will be spread out. And Blizzard could turn down the animations and grafics of the spells if this really is such a huge issue.

Why can’t you guys give us 8 people or even 16 players per game? How is this not possible in the year of 2011 when it worked great back in 2000?

I heard that you guys at Blizzard are testing 4vs4 people in the PvP-mode, can you please explain for me, why 8 players can work in PVP but not in PVE?

I have been talking about this issue with a lot of friends and they all thought at first that I were kidding. 4 players are nothing.
I can tell you this much, you don’t have the majority of the Diablo community behind you about the decision to only allow 4 players per game, you really don’t.

You want this game to be an online only experience, but why can’t I be online in the same game as my 7 friends? What should I tell them? We were looking forward to be playing together side by side once again..

Hopefully the 4 players limit it’s not set in stone yet and you are still considering to allow more than 4 players per game.

I care about this game, I really do. I want it to reach it’s fullest potential, and with that said..

/You have been slain by muSPK!

Yes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]