Diablo® III

The two biggest issues with Diablo 3

Wrong, they haven't decided yet if you are gonna die or not in the HC arena. And still an arena is not the same thing as being a PK, where you can run around all over the world to PK someone.

Muspk two things,
1. you posted here because you wanted to elicit a blue response? lol they don't pander to stupid or completely pointless comments like yours.
2. You are essentially saying "put back the ability to PK because I have a small peen and want to be a huge ahole to everybody who I can grief." You'd be the fat guy from the south park wow episode and you know it and that is why Blizz won't put it in the game.

Get over yourself you aren't THAT cool.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
Well I've found someone who thinks the same as you Muspk.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3278898281

Thanks for the tip! A very nice thread that I will be following :).
Reply Quote
Well there should be an option to flag games or characters for PVP/PK when you make them, that people can "harass" you anywhere you go in game..
Shouldn't just totally remove that option, that was a really bad move by Blizzards part. Because of this I lost my identity in Diablo 3..And I want it back!

You didn't lose it, because you never had it to begin with. I wouldn't disagree with an option to flag an entire game pvp or not pvp.

What YOU enjoy does not mean *I* enjoy. Why do I need to alter my game-play style based on PVE which the entire game is based around so you can PvP when you want, when PvP was added as an afterthought?

I'm not against PvP at all, I play other games where you cannot entirely escape PvP ever. However, in the Diablio universe, i believe it belongs in the arena, not in any random public game because you feel like being a <insert bad name here>.

As to the 4 player vs 8 player vs 16 player you want. I tended to prefer games with a few friends rather than a bunch of randoms. I felt 8 was a bit too much, and took away from the immersion. Many games, you could do nothing, and people would not even notice because you had 7 others picking up your slack.

The more players you have, the less each ones contribution WILL be. So, I'm fairly significant in a 4 person game, making up 25% of the group! I'm less significant in an 8 person game at 12.5% of the group, and I'm feeling pretty insignificant in a 16 person group at 6.25% of the group.

What benefit does having 8 or 16 players bring to the table that 4 does not? The only obvious one is you can have 1 of each class in the group, which you could also achieve with 5 in game, so is irrelevant.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
Muspk two things,
1. you posted here because you wanted to elicit a blue response? lol they don't pander to stupid or completely pointless comments like yours.
2. You are essentially saying "put back the ability to PK because I have a small peen and want to be a huge ahole to everybody who I can grief." You'd be the fat guy from the south park wow episode and you know it and that is why Blizz won't put it in the game.

Get over yourself you aren't THAT cool.

Actually its the opposite but thanks for your opinion!
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 05:59 AMPosted by Tony
You didn't lose it, because you never had it to begin with. I wouldn't disagree with an option to flag an entire game pvp or not pvp.

How do you know? I don't think you know what Blizzard has been working with behind close doors, maybe there were such a feature in the past, where you could turn on Hostile mode.
But I probably should had said in the Diablo-series to sound more correct.

09/27/2011 05:59 AMPosted by Tony
What YOU enjoy does not mean *I* enjoy. Why do I need to alter my game-play style based on PVE which the entire game is based around so you can PvP when you want, when PvP was added as an afterthought?

Never said you enjoy it, just said there should be an option to have hostile mode in games.
Edited by Muspk on 9/27/2011 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
anyway, i think pk'ing people who wanna coop is just very very poor...

from what your saying, that's all you care about and if i were you i would reconsider buying diablo 3. its definetely not the game for you.

Maybe you should keep to diablo 2 after all. You were such an elite pk'er heh. Man! I might just give up on Diablo 3 too cause theres no mushrooms in it. I'll just go back to mario bros 3!! yeah, good idea!!
Reply Quote
I guess its time i use the trademark quote.

"Shut Up PvP guy!"™
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 06:12 AMPosted by Jurkaleen
I'll just go back to mario bros 3!! yeah, good idea!!

I'm gonna go back to New Super Mario Bros on Wii. You can PvP in it! Ie: You grab the other player ontop of you and then throw them into holes to their deaths... or you can pick a koopa and throw it at them! You can also play coop... but uh who wants to play coop in Super Mario?

Woopsie. Lack of sleep might be kicking in...
Reply Quote
How do you know? I don't think you know what Blizzard has been working with behind close doors, maybe there were such a feature in the past, where you could turn on Hostile mode.
But I probably should had sad in the Diablo-series to sound more correct.

I don't know that it was never in the game as a past, but i do know that it does not exist now in the beta. I could ask the same question of you... How do you know they didn't discuss and remove, or not implement the feature to begin with?

09/27/2011 06:09 AMPosted by Muspk
Never said you enjoy it, just said there should be an option to have hostile mode in games.

Alright, WHY should there be such an option in a PVE based game? Because you enjoy it? Why is something you enjoy, somehow more important than something I enjoy?

I already agreed with you in that i wouldn't object to an option for PVP only games, or the Arena. I'm not trying to say you are wrong for enjoying PvP. I am trying to limit my experiences with something *i* dislike from open games *i* am playing.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
I guess its time i use the trademark quote.

"Shut Up PvP guy!"™

That has nothing to do with this issue i'm bringing up, that quote was just if a PVP guy asked to balance the game around PVP. And I agree, you shouldn't balance the game around PVP.
If a Barbarian is stronger than a Wizard, so be it, you can always roll your own Barbarian..
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 06:16 AMPosted by Tony
Alright, WHY should there be such an option in a PVE based game? Because you enjoy it? Why is something you enjoy, somehow more important than something I enjoy?

Because its as much a PK/PVP game-series. :)
Edited by Muspk on 9/27/2011 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
i couldnt agree more to me those are big issues im not even for hostility but it needed to stay
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 06:30 AMPosted by Muspk

WoW can now be classified as a pvp or pve game series, since you can almost purely gear up and level off pvp or pve.

Diablo 2, you can't level with pvp, you can't get gear through pvp, no real rewards, no anything for pvp.

So really..... no it's not a pvp game series. It gave you an option to pvp and a very small community pvped which was just teleporting around and trying to oneshot each other.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 06:30 AMPosted by Muspk

And there is an arena where you can PK/PVP your heart's content.

09/27/2011 06:30 AMPosted by Révéñgé
i couldnt agree more to me those are big issues im not even for hostility but it needed to stay

Why?
Reply Quote
That has nothing to do with this issue i'm bringing up, that quote was just if a PVP guy asked to balance the game around PVP. And I agree, you shouldn't balance the game around PVP.
If a Barbarian is stronger than a Wizard, so be it, you can always roll your own Barbarian..

If a class is able to beat another class in PvP... then the game isn't PvP Balanced which leads to assuming that the game wasn't meant for PvP. It wasn't made with PvP in mind and no efforts whatsoever were made to make it more balanced either.

They didn't plan on balancing PvP at all, but now they seem to want to review all skills in order to have them more PvP balanced which will give different values to skills depending on if you're doing PvE or PvP.

You're getting arenas to go in and fight others, which have a lot of potential as claimed by many including myself in the other thread I gave the link to earlier... The only thing you could argue about is not being able to PK someone who would much prefer doing their own buisness... which is just another form of harrassment to be honest.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 06:39 AMPosted by Achilles
And there is an arena where you can PK/PVP your heart's content.

Arena isn't the same thing as go around in the open world and PK people, not the same thrill even though I probably will like it.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 06:42 AMPosted by Nsanity
You're getting arenas to go in and fight others, which have a lot of potential as claimed by many including myself in the other thread I gave the link to earlier... The only thing you could argue about is not being able to PK someone who would much prefer doing their own buisness... which is just another form of harrassment to be honest.

Or they could make PVE/PK servers, everyone happy :)
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 06:52 AMPosted by Muspk

Or they could make PVE/PK servers, everyone happy :)

I think you mean 'games' instead of 'servers'.
Reply Quote
Don't care about not being able to go hostile. However, I am let down by the 4 players max. That is way too low IMO, but I'll live without it.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 06:49 AMPosted by Muspk
Arena isn't the same thing as go around in the open world and PK people, not the same thrill even though I probably will like it.

Yes it is. How is it differen't? Because there aren't low level - poorly equipped characters for you to 1-shot? PVP is PVP. You battle another character and see who wins. Why is having to do this in an arena as opposed to doing this outside of the rogue encampment such an issue?
Edited by Achilles on 9/27/2011 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]