Diablo® III

The two biggest issues with Diablo 3

70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 07:59 AMPosted by Achilles
Question for you, can you really claim that the arena does not off ther same experience? Do you think there is a chance, because Blizzard kind of knows what they're doing, that the arena might fulfill all your hopes about the PVP experience?

Well I can't say with 100% that the arena won't be enough for me, cause I haven't played the whole game yet, or anything in that regards :p.

But I really loved the PK HC play style back in Diablo 2. That you are not prepared if there is going to be a fight or not. Everytime you enter a new tunnel, there could be a PKK lurking down there waiting for you..

One of my fondest memory from Diablo 2 is actually one when I went down a tunnel and got killed by a PKK. I didn't have time to react cause as soon as I entered he did a WW on me and I were dead meat :D. I was lucky that I had a friend in the game that could loot me, but he had a very hard time to get to me, cause the PKK hostiled everyone in the game and were guarding my body xD.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 08:17 AMPosted by Muspk
One of my fondest memory from Diablo 2 is actually one when I went down a tunnel and got killed by a PKK. I didn't have time to react cause as soon as I entered he did a WW on me and I were dead meat :D. I was lucky that I had a friend in the game that could loot me, but he had a very hard time to get to me, cause the PKK hostiled everyone in the game and were guarding my body xD.

It took the PVP aspect of D2 years to evolve to the point where events such as this could happen. To expect gameplay like this right out of the shoot for a new game is unreasonable. I am sure as the years go by the arena will change and evolve as well into an even more exciting and engaging experience.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 08:25 AMPosted by Achilles
It took the PVP aspect of D2 years to evolve to the point where events such as this could happen. To expect gameplay like this right out of the shoot for a new game is unreasonable. I am sure as the years go by the arena will change and evolve as well into an even more exciting and engaging experience.

Well this encounter happend in 2000 / early 2001 :). I expect events just like this one out of the box when it comes :). But probably wont happen cause blizzard is not allowing hostile or more than 4 players..
Reply Quote
I don't like PvP when i am trying to acomplish PVE goals. If someone hostiled me, i just left the game immediately, which i am sure was frustrating for us both. Call me whatever you want, but if im not in the mood to play pvp, i shouldn't be forced into it.

I also don't believe passworded games are the solution. why can't i try and meet new pve friends in an open game, while accomplishing something, without worrying about someone wanting to kill me/us?

Thats why i am in favor of either a toggle for the entire game (which is actually what arena does, and is probably not needed....) or, maybe a toggle at character select.

This way i could be PVP in an open game, and not affect anyone who was PVE only.

edit: or even a toggle in game, that would alert other players, but could only affect them if they also toggled it.
Edited by Tony on 9/27/2011 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote="32783835387"]

Im willing to roll a barbarian and WW/kill you as soon as you enter the arena. Anything for Muspk, the #1 EU Ladder HCPK'er.
Reply Quote
It is entirely beyond me as to why a person would want to kill someone playing a PvE game. What is the enjoyment out of that, other than just being jerk? The only way to make it a fair option is for both parties to go hostile, otherwise you're not trying to play a competitive pvp game, you're just trying to ruin someone's experience.

As for the four player limit... The game isn't running on D2 graphics, and Blizzard wants to be able to sell their game to as many people as possible. The strain on older computer set-ups would be over bearing, limiting system specs to higher end computers. This would be a major fail in relation to sales and that is, after all, the end goal for Blizzard.

I would agree that four players is a little low if you have a lot of friends that want to play together, but it really isn't the end of the world - how often are you going to have more than three other friends that are available to play at the same time? Sure some people might schedule gaming together, but realistically most people will just be playing with randoms.
Reply Quote
In my opinion, if you want to play an open PVP game (which I condone, btw) merely for the rush, you should join an open PVP game such as Lineage II. While PVP in D2 could have it's moments, it was much more of a nuisance than anything. The very nature of the game is not designed for these types of encounters like MMOs.

If all you want are the keys to grief people and go against the anti-harassment policy, then I'm glad Blizz has designed things with this in mind, and you're on the outside looking in.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
09/27/2011 08:51 AMPosted by Rob
Im willing to roll a barbarian and WW/kill you as soon as you enter the arena. Anything for Muspk, the #1 EU Ladder HCPK'er.

You need to play on the European server then to have a chance on my ear ;).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]