Diablo® III

Paying Fee To Reinstate Forum Privileges

(Locked)

I would really love to post on my main account but it got a permanent ban a while back. I was wondering if Blizzard could allow old accounts that got a permanent ban to post again by paying some type of fine.

As you can see, I have more then one account that allows me access to the forums, so it is not an issue of having no access to the forums. The issue is that, I would love for my main account avatar and game accomplishments to be seen on the forums with each post.
If you got banned I don't think you deserve to get anything back seriously. you ruin the game for other players and you want them to see your achievements?
Edited by Xavier on 9/27/2011 1:00 PM PDT
09/27/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Xavier
If you got banned I don't think you deserve to get anything back seriously. you ruin the game for other players and you want them to see your achievements?

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm asking for. My game privileges are in perfect standing. I can log in and play any game I want. It is my POSTING privileges that have been revoked because of heated debates on game balance.
09/27/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Boss

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm asking for. My game privileges are in perfect standing. I can log in and play any game I want. It is my POSTING privileges that have been revoked because of heated debates on game balance.

if your posting privileges were revoked, what makes you think you deserve them back even if you just pay a fee? and for that matter, you've got an account you can post on right now, what's wrong with that one?
09/27/2011 01:05 PMPosted by MelonPan

if your posting privileges were revoked, what makes you think you deserve them back even if you just pay a fee? and for that matter, you've got an account you can post on right now, what's wrong with that one?

It doesn't have my game achievements.

how the hell do your game achievements have anything to do with your ability to form an argument?

how the hell do your game achievements have anything to do with your ability to form an argument?

On the SC2 forums, it means a lot. An opinion coming from a Master player means much more then from someone in Bronze league. Also, I just think it looks cool to display your achievements along with each post.
09/27/2011 01:02 PMPosted by ChrIs
I don't think Blizzard should be in the business of fining people for poor behavior. They can reinstate you as they wish, but I wouldn't respect a company that judges the merit of its established customers based on their ability or willingness to pay a fine.

I agree with this completely. Asking for your forum rights back is one thing, Blizzard handing out fines for bad posts is another.
to answer your question, no you cannot pay a fee to have forum privs given back to you. You must in turn e-mail wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com i believe is the correct address and plea your case with them. The blues wont do anything for you because this is not a place that blues listen and respond to you when you direct your post to them.

Either way, you need to e-mail them and plea your case on why you should get privs back on your main account.
85 Worgen Death Knight
They gave you a permanent ban for a reason. Don't care what it was, but you probably earned it.

You shouldn't be given the option to buy your way out of it. Especially since it seems like you only want to so you can wag your epeen at people on a forum.
On the SC2 forums, it means a lot. An opinion coming from a Master player means much more then from someone in Bronze league. Also, I just think it looks cool to display your achievements along with each post.

you shouldn't be relying on shoving your achievements in someone's face to try and convince them you're right when you could just as easily convince them with sound logic, and if they refuse to listen to logic, just move on. It's not like the opinion of someone who will recalculate 2+2 to equal 7, for the sake of not being wrong, actually matters to anyone in the long run.
They gave you a permanent ban for a reason. Don't care what it was, but you probably earned it.

You shouldn't be given the option to buy your way out of it. Especially since it seems like you only want to so you can wag your epeen at people on a forum.

Technically, I did buy out of it by purchasing another key and I really wouldn't mind purchasing for the right to post again on my main account either.
Sorry boss, money cant buy you everything. Esp when it comes to blizz, they give you what you get, end of story and no "dealing" with them.
...On the SC2 forums, it means a lot. An opinion coming from a Master player means much more then from someone in Bronze league....

As much as it sucks, this is true in most places. Also speaking of this issue, someone mentioned on another thread that in order to have an opinion on SC2 forums, you had to be diamond or higher... (really don't know if that is "true" or not, either way, I stay away from SC2 forums)
09/27/2011 01:12 PMPosted by MelonPan

you shouldn't be relying on shoving your achievements in someone's face to try and convince them you're right when you could just as easily convince them with sound logic, and if they refuse to listen to logic, just move on. It's not like the opinion of someone who will recalculate 2+2 to equal 7, for the sake of not being wrong, actually matters to anyone in the long run.

I'm sure with some quantum mathematics 2+2 can equal 7 so that person may actually be a genius.
But anyway back to Mr. Master player, Cynikul raised a valid point I'm going to report your new account for circumventing the ban.
74 Blood Elf Priest
I would really love to post on my main account but it got a permanent ban a while back. I was wondering if Blizzard could allow old accounts that got a permanent ban to post again by paying some type of fine.

As you can see, I have more then one account that allows me access to the forums, so it is not an issue of having no access to the forums. The issue is that, I would love for my main account avatar and game accomplishments to be seen on the forums with each post.
Hmmm,not a bad idea. I mean, i know alot of people are saying Blizzard shouldn't beable to fine you. But look at it this way, i cop pools you over for driving recklessly ( you just dropped your cig. on your lap and didn't mean to move the wheel to the right and the quickly back to the left to avoid a head-on collision) He gives you a $200 fine. The cops can do this, why? because your on their turf breaking their rules. Samething with Blizzard, your on their Forums breaking their rules, So unstead of fining you right then and there, they will have you pay $20 dollars so you can post again.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]