Diablo® III

Paying Fee To Reinstate Forum Privileges

(Locked)

This is exactly why they need you to have a SC2 or an Active WOW account to post. Now you are an example of what they were doing. You were banned for a reason and had your privileges revoked. Go take it up with the Blizzard forum managers, call customer service if you can't find where to go. And as someone else posted

Circumventing a Suspension / Ban
This category includes:

Posting on another account
Having someone post on your behalf
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be permanently banned from posting on the forums

So it's applying to all the accounts that are linked to you, the person, not a computer or credit card. If you state your case now that you know the results of your actions, it's possible they'll see this as a successful punishment and allow you back. However, flaming them will probably just get you no where forever.
Mods can get the ban hammer depending on the mods mood at that time.

I got a first and final warning with a week ban because I asked if we could have D3 patched with single player if D3 got hacked and hackers got to play single player.

Personally I don't think my punishment was deserving, but whatever. All hail mods =/
Why did you get banned?
Why not just post on the account you're using right now?

09/27/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Vitorian
Why did you get banned?

This topic really isn't about my ban but if you must know, SC2 game balance can be pretty heated. If you bring up the rank of another player then that's an auto warning and if you throw out a radical opinion then that can also be a warning too. Eventually the little warnings add up.
74 Blood Elf Priest
Hmmm,not a bad idea. I mean, i know alot of people are saying Blizzard shouldn't beable to fine you. But look at it this way, i cop pools you over for driving recklessly ( you just dropped your cig. on your lap and didn't mean to move the wheel to the right and the quickly back to the left to avoid a head-on collision) He gives you a $200 fine. The cops can do this, why? because your on their turf breaking their rules. Samething with Blizzard, your on their Forums breaking their rules, So unstead of fining you right then and there, they will have you pay $20 dollars so you can post again.

Sure, and blizzard could also start charging an up front fee for you to post on their forums in the first place. It isn't about the ability - its the reason. The cop was put there with the ability to do that because society as a whole decided they needed him to do that.

Blizzard would be put there by its own arrogance and greed. "We don't care about policing the forums, we just want money." Which is why I hope they wouldn't.
Then what are the Blues and Mods here for? There the "police" of the forums, they move, delete, lock etc. Forums that are breaking rules..
85 Undead Warlock
09/27/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Freedomeagle
Hmmm,not a bad idea. I mean, i know alot of people are saying Blizzard shouldn't beable to fine you. But look at it this way, i cop pools you over for driving recklessly ( you just dropped your cig. on your lap and didn't mean to move the wheel to the right and the quickly back to the left to avoid a head-on collision) He gives you a $200 fine. The cops can do this, why? because your on their turf breaking their rules. Samething with Blizzard, your on their Forums breaking their rules, So unstead of fining you right then and there, they will have you pay $20 dollars so you can post again.

No. Cops are a 1/3 of an entity that is considered balanced (agree or not, it's supposed to be). They are the enforcement portion, whereas there are also separate legislative and judicature portions. If you disagree with the $200 fine, you have an independent judicial system in place to argue your case.

The problem with Blizzard doing what that cop does is that they are 1 entity. If they can create, enforce, and interpret their rules, things can get sticky real fast. They would have to put arbitors in place and such...things they won't (and should never have to) do.
74 Blood Elf Priest

Then what are the Blues and Mods here for? There the "police" of the forums, they move, delete, lock etc. Forums that are breaking rules..

If their judgment was correct in the first place, then a fine would serve no purpose. The fact that money could get you back into the forums, would mean that you were kicked out for no good reason at all.
That's fair enough to say, They should then put them on a 30-90 day probation. Anyone who breaks the rules again with the time there on probation will be banned forever,no matter how much they offer to pay.
Edited by Freedomeagle on 9/27/2011 1:32 PM PDT
74 Blood Elf Priest

No. Cops are a 1/3 of an entity that is considered balanced (agree or not, it's supposed to be). They are the enforcement portion, whereas there are also separate legislative and judicature portions. If you disagree with the $200 fine, you have an independent judicial system in place to argue your case.

The problem with Blizzard doing what that cop does is that they are 1 entity. If they can create, enforce, and interpret their rules, things can get sticky real fast. They would have to put arbitors in place and such...things they won't (and should never have to) do.
There would be a lot of debate and creating this, if they ever had to, or if they ever did. But i know i have been banned of these forums for saying things in a non-offensive, and got banned. Even after reading COC i didn't see anything wrong with it, and if that ever got to the point of getting Perm. banned, i would love a way to get back on.

EDIT: No matter if that way involves me having to pay, or e-mail Blizz support 24hrs out of the day.
Edited by Freedomeagle on 9/27/2011 1:33 PM PDT
Yea me to
to answer your question, no you cannot pay a fee to have forum privs given back to you. You must in turn e-mail wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com i believe is the correct address and plea your case with them. The blues wont do anything for you because this is not a place that blues listen and respond to you when you direct your post to them.

Either way, you need to e-mail them and plea your case on why you should get privs back on your main account.

They essentially tell you to screw yourself, in a nice way.
74 Blood Elf Priest

If their judgment was correct in the first place, then a fine would serve no purpose. The fact that money could get you back into the forums, would mean that you were kicked out for no good reason at all - money apparently trumps breaking forum rules. It would be like the police allowing a prisoner to go free because he bribed the cop. Its not the same situation at all. A speeding ticket, the fine IS the punishment. In the forums, the ban IS the punishment. A fine (actually a bribe) you pay to escape a just punishment is heinous.
No it would be like the "criminal" Paying his bail
85 Goblin Shaman
What part of permanent ban is tough to understand.
I would really love to post on my main account but it got a permanent ban a while back. I was wondering if Blizzard could allow old accounts that got a permanent ban to post again by paying some type of fine.

As you can see, I have more then one account that allows me access to the forums, so it is not an issue of having no access to the forums. The issue is that, I would love for my main account avatar and game accomplishments to be seen on the forums with each post.

Reckless is a somewhat tricky definition but let me clear it up for you:
If you happened to be acting "recklessly" be it driving or other, a person acts recklessly with respect to a result or circumstance consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk.
You swerving because you just singed your ball hair is not reckless because you never meant to do that.
His nerd rage was with a reckless disregard for the forum rules whether he knew them or not it should be assumed you don't flip out on someone just because they differ in opinion, right or wrong so he most certainly did not accidentally break forum rules. It was recklessly though.
74 Blood Elf Priest
There would be a lot of debate and creating this, if they ever had to, or if they ever did. But i know i have been banned of these forums for saying things in a non-offensive, and got banned. Even after reading COC i didn't see anything wrong with it, and if that ever got to the point of getting Perm. banned, i would love a way to get back on.

I would love for there to be a way to let you back on that doesn't suddenly throw being banned into the category of things you can get away with if you have money.
I agree, Money doesn't solve everything.. but there should be a way.
74 Blood Elf Priest

Reckless is a somewhat tricky definition but let me clear it up for you:
If you happened to be acting "recklessly" be it driving or other, a person acts recklessly with respect to a result or circumstance consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk.
You swerving because you just singed your ball hair is not reckless because you never meant to do that.
His nerd rage was with a reckless disregard for the forum rules whether he knew them or not it should be assumed you don't flip out on someone just because they differ in opinion, right or wrong so he most certainly did not accidentally break forum rules. It was recklessly though.
Ya, but the cop doesn't know that it was accident, he think you are drunk, there for will pull you over and "test" your sobriety, and then the fines, and what have you come from there... Besides debating on dropping a cig. on to your lap, cause you to swerve,is not the subject at hand, all tho i do understand where you are coming from.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]