Diablo® III

Paying Fee To Reinstate Forum Privileges

(Locked)

On the SC2 forums, it means a lot. An opinion coming from a Master player means much more then from someone in Bronze league. Also, I just think it looks cool to display your achievements along with each post.

They word you are looking for is Logical Fallacy. The poster posting an argument has nothing to do with the merit of the argument.

The background knowledge of the poster means a lot. It's much the same way as trying to argue with your doctor when he's told you that you need to lose weight or you will die from a heart attack. On the SC2 forums, there's a fine line between trying to show a lower league Bronze player that he is wrong while you are a higher level Master player. Any mention of his league can lead to an auto warning. You get 3 of those warnings and you have a permanent ban.
i believe in second chances!! :D
100 Tauren Druid

They word you are looking for is Logical Fallacy. The poster posting an argument has nothing to do with the merit of the argument.

The background knowledge of the poster means a lot. It's much the same way as trying to argue with your doctor when he's told you that you need to lose weight or you will die from a heart attack. On the SC2 forums, there's a fine line between trying to show a lower league Bronze player that he is wrong while you are a higher level Master player. Any mention of his league can lead to an auto warning. You get 3 of those warnings and you have a permanent ban.

If someone tells you to lose weight or you will die it doesn't matter what their profession is, it does not make the argument any less correct because they aren't a doctor.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They should build their own jail cells under the Blizzard Human Resources Dept. and send the ppl who decide to post against the forum rules there.
They will get one ration of bread and water a day and one hour in the yard for daylight. Also, prisoners will have to participate in volunteer work for the company by stapling together papers and running on a treadmill that provides electrical power to the building for at least 100 hours per week.
I think reinstating forum rights would just reduce the effectiveness of the rules, as anyone could easily reinstate their account by simply paying a fine. While I do feel for you, Boss, I also think that you have to suffer the punishment you were served. x.x Then again, I'm not Blizzard. Only Blizzard should have the rights to judge this.

As for instating a fee to reactivate, I don't think Blizzard would do that. The people who get banned are people they wanted to remove from the forums, so allowing them back in--Even for a price--does not seem like a strong business move. Then the few, like yourself, who have learned their lesson and might actually benefit the forum community would not equate a large enough sum to back up an entirely new policy on reinstatement.

IMO, Blizzard should simply take a look at your recent forum activity on the new account and see if they want you around. :) If they like what you bring to the forums and our community, they should reinstate free of charge. <3 Blizzard!
Community Manager
The discussion has gone off-topic and has become non-productive. Locking this thread.

There's a reason this is in the Code of Conduct. Contact us at the email address below and we'll talk.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions
http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct#discipline

* Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

Each department has it’s own channels that you can use to express comments or concerns:

Forums: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]