DH build for Crits, mobility, and extra gold

This is my first attempt at a DH build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RaSTiQ!WUa!aaZaZa

Several skills in this build get synergy from crits, such as:
1. Strafe with Alabastar rune
2. Impale with Alabastar rune
3. Archery (hand xbows)
4. Sharpshooter

Marked for Death buffs damage against bosses.
Multishot provides aoe.
Ferret companion actually adds +40% gold drops. That seems like a lot.

The mobility of strafe is one of the main defenses in this build.
Brooding is used for healing and Smoke screen for escapes.

Let me know what you think!
Reply Quote
I think you will be in constant need of both discipline and hatred, I would definitely take something out (probably discipline as you have a smaller discipline pool and no generators).
Reply Quote
Strafe is listed as a hatred generator, but also has a cost listed... so I'm not sure if I have a generator or not... :-\

Reply Quote
Dude, why not use Caltrops/Bait the Trap to increase your crit chance by 11%?
Reply Quote
I would suggest getting "Fundamentals" as a passive ability in order to ensure that you have enough hatred to continue using ur skillz
Reply Quote
I was thinking more of this as a crit-focused build.
<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RabZUk!XUW!aaaaZa">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RabZUk!XUW!aaaaZa</a>

You have crit-based effects on Strafe, Impale, and Hungering Arrow. Caltrops, Sharpshooter, and Archery provide more crit chance. Fundamentals & Hungering Arrow are your main hatred generators, and Preparation for when you run out of discipline. Hungering Arrow's Crit ability provides an AOE attack as well.

Also, with the crimson rune on Shadow Power, you should be able to use Strafe for a full 10 seconds while still regenerating hatred.

Edit - If you wanted that extra damage as well, you could even replace Hungering with Marked for Death. I wanted to stay true to the crit-based effects theme though.
Edited by MOSNARELYK on 9/30/2011 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for all of the comments!

Here's the updated build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RaZTbQ!WUa!aaaaaa

@HRP, I agree with you Caltrops/Bait the Trap seems too good to pass up.
@BlingBling, Fundamentals says it only works for 'basic attacks', which I guess means the auto-attack? If that's the case, I don't plan on using that base attack at all. So I'm keeping Brooding, which is still my only heal.

@MOSNARELYK and @Cfrat, I added Hungering Arrow with Alabaster... for the extra hatred generated and also because of the syngergy with the Crit-based build.

Shadow Power would be good, but in this build I really want to keep the Raven for the extra gold.

I got rid of smoke screen but kept Marked for Death. If it turns out that I really need an escape power, I might switch MfD out again for the smoke screen.
Edited by Volcanic on 10/2/2011 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Doesn't stafe just increase attack speed and decrease movement speed hence if you use it with fundamentals passive you have amazing hatred generation? and then combine that again with that discipline move that buffs you attack speed for a short duration.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
10/08/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Lycarnis
Doesn't stafe just increase attack speed and decrease movement speed hence if you use it with fundamentals passive you have amazing hatred generation? and then combine that again with that discipline move that buffs you attack speed for a short duration.

Fundamentals only works on your regular attack. Strafe is not a regular attack.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]