Diablo® III

WD build, opinions and tips appreciated

Let me know what you guys think, i've never been good at making builds so i'm trying my best here. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aXkbcf!bXV!ZZaZbZ
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Paladin
I think you may be using too many damage abilities. You've even turned your only CC into a damage ability.

Without drastically changing your spec I'd simply change your zombie wall runestone to 'Unrelenting Grip' or 'Barricade'. I would also switch out either poison dart or your firebomb with Sacrifice.

You also don't have any way of to regen health. You could switch your haunt runestone to 'consuming spirit' and change your poison dart runestone to 'spined dart' so that you have both a mana return and life return ability.
Reply Quote
Yeah, i see your point. I wasn't even thinking about CC, I took your advice and put in a golden runestone for zombie wall, and then took out poison dart and added plague of toads with a crimson. For health regen I switched out firebomb and put in soul harvest with a crimson, and finally added sacrifice with alabaster. For passive i decided to remove loyalty and added blood ritual. It felt balanced that way to me.

So here's how my build stands now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZTkbcg!bXc!ZabZbZ
Reply Quote
choose only one of these:

wall of zombies, zombie charger, firebomb

and only one of these:

haunt, poison dart

Those spells serve the same purpose (AoE damage and Single target damage respectively) and each have no cooldown, meaning you are casting one at the expense of another

Replacing free slots with summons, buffs / debuffs, or other sources of damage (i.e. Spirit Barrage with alabaster rune) will mean each spell slot is used effectively, and no spells are doubling up which will increase your effective DPS
Edited by Haggis on 9/27/2011 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]