Diablo® III

Solution: Create a PVP server

I don't know why all this anger for or against PVP PK PKK and what not.

When you create a character, you get the option of whether you want him in pvp or pve server.

I mean there is obviously demand for it and there is obviously people that don't enjoy it, so why not give both what they want. I guaranty you that the pvp server will be just as full as the pve servers, if not more!

Whoever hates pvp, There is absolutly ZERO reason you can come up with against such a concept. If you do not wish to get hostiled or fight in such dangerous enviroment, then pve is your servers.

I believe that the reason there is no pvp in Diablo is because they have pushed away all the original diablo creators out of the company and they were probably the ones that believed in it as a core. Thus you have all this new talent working on a game with other intentions in mind.
Reply Quote
I agree...but...coming from a d1 and d2 veteran, everyone is just going to tell you..." This isn't WoW NUB!".... *sigh*
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Nope, this is a coop multilplayer game, we already have a arena
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:43 AMPosted by Whitlock
I agree...but...coming from a d1 and d2 veteran, everyone is just going to tell you..." This isn't WoW NUB!".... *sigh*

yeah, but one can say diablo 3 isn't diablo because there's no pvp so that shuts them up
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
pvp servers could be nice since im litterally against any form of pk'ing a**holes... they just ruin games and make people mad... and all this for their super huge e-pen ego... kids in online games awww
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:46 AMPosted by Pseudorc
Nope, this is a coop multilplayer game, we already have a arena

you're avoiding the issue. you are going to play coop, nothing is stopping you. why would you disagree against a concept that won't hurt you in any way. such stupid replies sometimes...
Reply Quote
In my opinion, this has nothing to do with WoW. It's just common sense and it's something Blizzard should consider strongly. The best of both worlds = happy customers and fans = happy Blizzard.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
From what I've read, you'll see some form of world pvp BEFORE you ever get a fractured community.

At this point both options seemsoff the table.

Personally I'm fine with pvp if both parties want it. I can see blizzard adding that option in an expansion or patch some day down the road.
Reply Quote
it's crazy how a game like Demon souls have such a following and people love it. Yet, you can get invaded at any time and get hunted by an invading player. it's such a rush when it happens, but it's part of the game and people enjoy it as a whole.
Reply Quote
you're avoiding the issue. you are going to play coop, nothing is stopping you. why would you disagree against a concept that won't hurt you in any way. such stupid replies sometimes...

Why would Blizzard invest resources in creating seperate servers for PVP / PVE when
1) The game is not centered around PVP, it's actaully just a fun thing to do on the side
2) There is already an arena in the game where you can PVP until your heart is content
Reply Quote
It's crazy how a game like Demon souls have such a following and people love it. Yet, you can get invaded at any time and get hunted by an invading player. it's such a rush when it happens, but it's part of the game and people enjoy it as a whole.

The difference is that many Diablo players grow tired of getting PK'd while they mind their own buisness because someone joined their game just for this one purpose of killing anyone for the hell of it.

The idea of having a PvP game option versus PvE only game is not that bad but I don't really understand who exactly would make a game just so they can wait for someone to join it and get attacked while they fight monsters. It doesn't really makes sense to me. When I wanted to PvP in Diablo 2, I'd simply go ahead and join games labeled "duels". Sometimes I'd get my butt kicked, other times I'd kick their butts, but it was fun. Unlike some random person who's having a bad day and goes in a game with level 20s while he's 80+ and just comes to hostile you and one shot all your group that's doing... for example's sake... tomb runs together.

Getting PK'd or harrassed by someone who just wish to ruin MY fun is just not something I'm personally interested in and you'll most likely not see me in PvP enabled games should they add the option.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
Anyone here ever played a game called Double-Dragon or Battletoads ?

What if someone would go to the arcade, pick 1 of the 2 character and start bashing at his partner ?

Hell no ffs, THIS IS AN ACTION BASED RPG !!!!!! HEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO

This game screams coop play so stop asking for pvp servers/pk'ing you wow'ers
Reply Quote
Diablo isn't Diablo without World PvP.
Reply Quote
Anyone here ever played a game called Double-Dragon or Battletoads ?

What if someone would go to the arcade, pick 1 of the 2 character and start bashing at his partner ?

Hell no ffs, THIS IS AN ACTION BASED RPG !!!!!! HEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO

This game screams coop play so stop asking for pvp servers/pk'ing you wow'ers

Even TMNT on NES was a coop game... although it might have been funny to see Leonardo slice Donatello for boredom sakes...

09/27/2011 05:58 AMPosted by Philippe

So you're saying that Diablo 1 was balanced for PvP? Let me tell you it definitly was not. Diablo2 is probably not balanced for PvP either in fact... so you expect Diablo 3 to be?

Back in Diablo 1-2 days, you couldn't have a separate map/area/zone/instance specifically for PvP, so they added the possibility in the main game. Diablo 3? There's PvP. They're implementing it through arenas.

But the main goal of Diablo 3 is to bash, hack, slash, slice down demons, skeletons, zombies, etc. Fighting one another was just a feature added for those bored with slicing down monsters and that wanted to challenge one another. I highly doubt that Blizzard made PvP in Diablo 1-2 with random PK in mind.
Edited by Nsanity on 9/27/2011 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 05:58 AMPosted by Philippe

lol +1
Reply Quote
An entirely separate server might be pushing it a little I admit, but they should at least add multiple environment options for PvP Arenas. They should also make them bigger and add options such as Monsters or Shrines, the game creator's choice. I think this would be a perfect solution.
Edited by Aaron on 9/27/2011 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is Diablo 3. Not Diablo 1 or Diablo 2. Get over it.

I don't find World PvP even important. Cause in the end, its just another 1 spot fighting. Unless you are just wanting to grief someone.
Reply Quote
Again, if you didn't/don't like PvP then you could care less, but for the thousands upon thousands that do, a little 2 x 4 arena just won't cut it.

I'm not against PvP. I'm against the terrible harrassment from people that have nothing better to do than to come in your game and keep killing you and ruining your game experience while there's plenty of games where they could have a fight with others who want to.

Sorry to say, but in order to get PvP, you need to also consider the other part of people that do not care much to get PK'd while they're questing. I figured Arena was an amazing feature for that. Arenas can be expanded into more than a simple room in which you PvP. They could even make a mirror of the PvE maps with the monsters and simple add the option to PvP in there, just without the whole drops and xp gains or even with them. There's so many options that can happen with arenas that I'm not even sure why you people complain before the game is even released and we know what's up with the arenas exactly...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't get this thread at all. How is a PvP server the solution?

The better solution is just to have a mutually agreed upon hostility option. Player A clicks a button to announce hostile intentions to player B. Player B then has the prompt that allows them to accept or reject the hostility. If player B accepts, both players become hostile to eachother. If they reject, neither player is hostile. Perhaps adding in a restriction that both players have to be in town to do this.

To add further flavor, they might want to have another option so that 3 or 4 players could have a Free-For-All, or set up a 2v2 team inside a normal game without having to go into a ranking arena system.

That seems like the best solution for everyone (except, perhaps, PK's).
Reply Quote
They should invest their resources in such an effort due to the fact that there is a HUGE demand for it by their customers and followers... Again, if you didn't/don't like PvP then you could care less, but for the thousands upon thousands that do, a little 2 x 4 arena just won't cut it.

I think you're exagerating the size of the PVP fan base. Very few players played D2 "strictly to PVP". Most people would get bored after playing for a while, declare hostility, and have some fun. Eveuntally you might make a Druid or w/e dedicated to PVP, get some decent items, and join the dueling games and have some fun.

To delay this game even more just for seperate servers seems a little ridiculous to me. I just feel like a dedicated arena with a matchmaking system should be more than enough, especially given the fact that the game is centered around co-op PVE gameplay.

Also, there is the RMAH, so blizzard will be making money from D3. If the arena is a smashing success due to the "thousands upon thousands PVP'ers" then they can always add to it, expand it etc....
Edited by Achilles on 9/27/2011 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]