Diablo® III

Blizzard will NEVER ask you for your password

If you get an e-mail that asks you for your account password, it is spam.

If you get an e-mail that asks you to go to another site that asks you for your password, it is spam.

Generally, if you get an e-mail that looks like it is from Blizzard, it is spam.

If you get a lot of fake Blizzard e-mails, get a new e-mail client. Gmail stops damn near all of those e-mails.
Reply Quote
Wait... so who did I give my password to?
Reply Quote
Most likely Bob. Don't worry though, he's a good guy. He'll make sure you get all the latest loot.
Reply Quote
A better way to look at it...

If you have to ask if the email is a phishing attempt, it probably is :D
Reply Quote

If you get an e-mail that asks you to go to another site that asks you for your password, it is spam.

Generally, if you get an e-mail that looks like it is from Blizzard, it is spam.

If you get a lot of fake Blizzard e-mails, get a new e-mail client. Gmail stops damn near all of those e-mails.

Umm how do they give you access if they don't know the password to you account. Do you even think before you post?

Fail. Cmon everything he said is spot on and clearly with the number of people asking about phishing emails, this topic needs stickied.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 10:08 AMPosted by rhamutap
Umm how do they give you access if they don't know the password to you account. Do you even think before you post?
Blizzard can add anything to any account out of sheer context that they control all accounts. Therefore, they don't need your password.
Reply Quote

They know what you had for breakfast and you think they dont know your password? Blizzard sees all.
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Death Knight
This thread is a lie blizzard asked my password and a whole bunch of personal information the day I signed up for battle.net account. This thread lies trust ther phishing emails you did get selected for the diablo 3 beta 6 times in an hour. Be proud of yourself and download anything they ask you to through links as well as provide your username and password. Mutantmonkey is selfish and wants all the beta keys for himself!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
09/27/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Rayvn
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Quilrat
you kids need to get outside more. Learn some street skills like if its to good to be true......
We could all learn a thing or two. One example would be the difference between too and to.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 10:16 AMPosted by Nenharm

Well in that case I should be able to log into beta right now? Just put no password in ;)

But seriously, phishers suck.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 10:08 AMPosted by rhamutap

Do you?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
This garbage has been going on for years and years.

The people most susceptible are the ones who will never read this thread and even if they do, they'll ignore it.

Barnum was correct when he said there's one born every minute. No amount of public service announcements will ever keep up with the rate of stupidity/naivety/ignorance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]