Diablo® III

'Builds'

Many people are speculating about 'builds' but there will be no 'builds' really as everything is quickly swappable. It seems many of us are still thinking in a D2/WoW/Typical RPG kind of way. I am seeing statements such as 'you have no melee defence', 'you will have trouble vs cold resistant mobs', 'You have no Fury/Spirit/Hatred generator etc.

When you are about to engage quick melee mobs you will swap in skills for them, when you are about to engage cold resist mobs you will switch out cold skills for others, when you are going to be in a long fight you will swap in resource generation skills.

Excepting runes and equipment (which can still be easily swapped but is more cumbersome to do) there are no 'builds' imho.
Reply Quote
There are many abilities that rely on critical strike chance, or skills that would benefit from higher defense, or attack etc. I was actually just making a barbarian "build" that is heavily crit based. Sure, I could switch out my skills if I come across a particular group of monsters, but all of the precision from my items will go to waste if I don't employ the skills I've chosen to capitalize the most on that crit chance.

I think you're forgetting that the items you have and choose to wear will play a big part on how you build your character, and what skills you'll be using most.

EDIT: Whoops, must have missed that last part about equipment. But, I think my point still stands.
Edited by Regnisied on 9/27/2011 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]