Diablo® III

discipline use

100 Dwarf Death Knight
i see on youtube on the commentaries that the people who play the demon hunter dont use their discipline alot and there arent alot of useful spells that costs discipline it would be great to see that the traps will cost discipline instead of hatred. i think this makes more sense and another trap or 2 would be awesome and maybe removing some of the spells in discipline and maybe make them cost hatred :/ i would love to see more use to the demon hunter discipline resource
Reply Quote
Keep in mind everyone in the beta is very low level. It's entirely possible that the best way to 'teach' the system to players is to keep things primarily hatred-only for a while, introducing new uses of discipline as you go.

I dunno, when I look at all the builds I've made, I always have a great spread of disc abilities like Shadow Power and Marked for Death in there to help burn this resource in a way that increases DPS output.
Reply Quote
The beginning of the game is going to be easy so Discipline defensive skills are not really needed to succeed. Once you start getting to the more difficult enemies, you will want to start using your defensive skills to survive.

Also, a couple of the higher level discipline skills are offensive oriented, such as Shadow Power and Sentry, so they will see more use. Shadow Power is also getting moved down to level 12 and would probably be used a lot in the beta if it was available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]