Diablo® III

Mass Confusion crazy good with Golden rune?

I wanted to know what other people thought about this rune. Being able to get some enemies to fight for your for 8 seconds every 4 seconds with no mana cost seems a bit insane.

It hasn't been tested, but even affecting one monster is significant, and will likely affect more in a group. I'm thinking of using this in my pet build to have even more meat shields to protect me.

It just seems too good to be true. Or am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Remember that is with a level 7 runestone (I'm assuming it cuts off 8 seconds per level) so a level 6 runestone would be 12 second cooldown. Most likely confusion won't work on bosses or elites and probably a reduced duration in Inferno. It does look strong but I don't think its overpowered.
Reply Quote
10/02/2011 12:50 PMPosted by JumpyMonkey
Remember that is with a level 7 runestone (I'm assuming it cuts off 8 seconds per level) so a level 6 runestone would be 12 second cooldown. Most likely confusion won't work on bosses or elites and probably a reduced duration in Inferno. It does look strong but I don't think its overpowered.

Those are pretty big assumptions. Reduced effectiveness on inferno just doesn't seem likely. I just don't see blizzard nerfing abilities between difficulties. I think that goes against what Diablo is about. You are supposed to be OP against legions of enemies. There are better ways to add challenge in later difficulties than by nerfing skills as you move through them.

I agree it won't work on bosses, but that doesn't mean you won't have to fight adds during boss fights. Even then, most of your time playing is against groups of enemies. even getting non elites to fight for you will just be another target for the elite to hit than you.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest
It's a bugged tooltip, the cd is probably 40 seconds.
Reply Quote
10/02/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Maharal

Something is bugged but I think 40 seconds isn't worth the trouble so I don't think it is that. There was another skill I remember seeing that also had no mana listed and that also made no sense, so I'm guessing this will have mana and it is the part that is missing.

I'm also curious about the rune for this that can summon a zombie dog. I wonder if it is permanent up to 3 dogs or what, because that could be powerful too.

And in D2 the durations of things were greatly reduced in Hell mode so I would assume they would continue that at least a little bit in D3.
Reply Quote
10/02/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Sinuous
Those are pretty big assumptions. Reduced effectiveness on inferno just doesn't seem likely.

Its an assumption based on Diablo 2 because that is exactly how it was in hell. But this is a different game so that is why I said "probably."

You are also giving up some nice effects from the other runestones you can put in it, its a tradeoff.

10/02/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Maharal

Not bugged but all the numbers are subject to change so it might be different upon release.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]