Diablo® III

Best gems for Witch Doctors?

Hey all, what do you think the best gems are for WDs?

1. Movement speed + Vitality

2. Magical Item Find + Precision

3. Increased XP points + Attack

4. Increased Gold + Defense

I mean, WD has the meat shields, so I don't see why we should waste slots on Vitality or Defense. I assume we should use mostly precision because it comes with the magic find.

Can someone also clarify what Precision and Attack do primarily?

I want to get this down before building my WD.
Reply Quote
Attack = increases all damage
1 attack = 1% increased damage

Precision = increases critical chance
I don't know how much each gives you.
Reply Quote
1 attack = 1% increased damage?

There are +100 attack gems out there. So that would instantly boost you up to 100%?
Reply Quote
1 attack = 1% increased damage?

There are +100 attack gems out there. So that would instantly boost you up to 100%?

Yep, we will be able to get the Attack stat quite high. Even with the level 13 cap and limited gear, its possible to get over 200 attack in the beta.
Reply Quote
And with items with +100% life, life and damage will exponentially get higher
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I don't think you realize how they work; the gems all have one specific stat for helms, and then the other stat is if they're socketed in anything else. You don't receive both bonuses.
Edited by Science on 10/14/2011 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Movement speed in PvP.

Attack seems good.

Other stuff depends on scaling and what it does.
Reply Quote
mf all the way
Reply Quote
Giving a witch doctor +vitality and + defense when he's using pets is not a waste. Your pets stats scale with yours so if you have only attack your pets will not be able to shield you as well later on in the game. Also, if you plan to stack mass thorns items like me, defense and vitality would be the best as it allows you and your pets to take many hits while enemies take thorns damage.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
10/20/2011 06:18 AMPosted by PuPpEtMaStEr
Giving a witch doctor +vitality and + defense when he's using pets is not a waste. Your pets stats scale with yours so if you have only attack your pets will not be able to shield you as well later on in the game. Also, if you plan to stack mass thorns items like me, defense and vitality would be the best as it allows you and your pets to take many hits while enemies take thorns damage.

I'm not sure if you've played d2 but I think you're overestimating the thorns part of things; sure it might be nice but it's not something to base your items off of, at least in my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]