Diablo® III

Unorthodox Build What Are Your Thoughts

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#VZgTbd!XaY!ZcaZbc

What do you guys think this will create alot of CC with hex and toads, its a different variation of a typical summing build, and i think the damage will be exceptional. This build allows me to adapt to different situations via my different types of CC and the damage is coming from many different sources and types.
Edited by Buddhalover on 10/9/2011 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting. I wonder how effective Toads, Mass Confusion and Hex will be with keeping them off of you.

Also, how will you get mana back from using Firebats? And I wonder whether Toad of Hugeness would actually swallow the chicken rather than another monster too. But none of that stuff can be known until played.
Edited by Cujo on 10/4/2011 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you have blood ritual yet no skills that give you life back...

firebats will absolutely %%## your life points lol
Reply Quote
You guys are forgetting about items. I feel this build will keep most of my enemies at bay, which will allow me to sacrifice certain stats for others.
Reply Quote
Hex is really bad.

Corpse Spiders is even worse.

Plague of Toads is mediocre since you can't really aim the frogs, only in the general direction of an enemy or group and pray the frog hops in the right direction. The spell overall has poor range and reliability.
Reply Quote
u say unorthodox, i say a general all around build
Reply Quote
Hex is really bad.

Corpse Spiders is even worse.

Plague of Toads is mediocre since you can't really aim the frogs, only in the general direction of an enemy or group and pray the frog hops in the right direction. The spell overall has poor range and reliability.

you didnt look at the rune for corpse spiders which changes the spell, which we havent truly seen, (only watched) as a public. as have all runed effects, to say one is bad pre buffs and good gear and higher levels, and trait synergy + more than 4 skills = all speculation atm
Edited by Honor on 10/4/2011 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have seen a few builds recently mixing Blood Ritual with Pierce the Veil, that just feel like a terrible idea to me.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Reply Quote
Edit: I changed the passives to Vision Quest, and Gruesome Feast. More weapon damage and some mana regen to allow me to spam more often. I still like hex because of its runes. you say they are bad but with increased damage, i am not only able to summon minions to fight for me but it is controlling the fight in a different way then zombie dogs or Gargantuan. Hex with obsidian will remove 1-2 demons from the fight permanently, and turn them into nice poison bombs. Also, i think the combo with Gruesome Feast, they will offer another approach to increasing damage apposed to the already cookie cutter zombie dog+ sacrifice. Its not as high of a damage increase but it i feel the utility of Hex + increased damage + saving 1 active skill slot brings it up to par with Dogs+Sacrafice. Another positive i feel the different runes really allows Hex to be a versatile tool, for boss fights i can use Golden Rune for heals, or Alabaster for elites. I think Hex is way better than what people give it credit for.
Plague of Toad also completely removes a demon from the fight. I am unsure if it acts as a tank to, but if it can soak up damage thats a nice benefit. I like this approach because it offers another type of control on the battlefield. Kinda like a blue deck in Magic!
Edited by Buddhalover on 10/4/2011 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's an interesting build, and a lot more viable IMO after your changes. I enjoy seeing the kinds of builds people come up with that do not use Zombie Dogs or Gargantuan.

Naturally we'll never know how effective any build will be until we finally try it for ourselves, but the only problem I see arising at this point is that it may be tough to juggle the different short cooldowns to make use of the Vision Quest passive. Otherwise, I think you've got enough CC and firepower to be an effective WD, even solo.
Edited by Crustarr on 10/5/2011 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Starting new thread cause i chagned build!
Edited by Buddhalover on 10/9/2011 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]