Diablo® III

Everyone wearing the same legendary's??

85 Troll Shaman
I've been wondering if the item system is going to end up being the same as Diablo 2, where everyone wants the same unique / rune word items and everyone ultimately walks around looking the same?

Anyone else think it'd be nice if rare randomly generated items were potentially at the top of the food chain? You could grab your green set early on that was about average, and eventually gear up with some great-in-slot uniques, but you never know when you'll stumble across that rare wep or armor piece that was rolled almost perfectly for your spec?

Makes for much more unique, compelling game play imo...
Reply Quote
they will have the same items, since you can clearly see the better end weapon for most items, however they will always have different item properties due to randomness + enchants + sockets, so, each item will be pretty unique tbh, specially if u decide to craft unique yellows which give +6 random stats
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Kuyu
Anyone else think it'd be nice if rare randomly generated items were potentially at the top of the food chain?

This is exactly how it was in Diablo 2 (for some item slots, mostly weapons and rings/ammy).
This is how it is going to be for Diablo 3 as well (for some slots most likely). There is probably going to be some great legendaries that are basically "the best".
Reply Quote
The end game legendary items will be incredibly hard to drop. The reason why everyone was walking around with the same gear in D2 was because of all the duping. You can read more about drop rates in this thread where I made a longer response to a similar question:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3229037238

Don't think for a second that you'll be walking around with all end game legendary items on your characters. I really hope you realize this! That being said, I imagine there will a wide variety of rares and everyone will look very different. Add dyes to the mix and you need not be concerned at all.
Edited by teflon on 9/27/2011 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see where you're coming from, but even if 5 characters of all different classes had the same exact set of armor..you wouldn't be able to tell because of the class-specific looks for each armor piece. Not to mention all of the dyes and gems
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
The end game legendary items will be incredibly hard to drop. The reason why everyone was walking around with the same gear in D2 was because of all the duping. You can read more about drop rates in this thread where I made a longer response to a similar question:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3229037238">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3229037238</a>

Don't think for a second that you'll be walking around with all end game legendary items on your characters. I really hope you realize this! That being said, I imagine there will a wide variety of rares and everyone will look very different. Add dyes to the mix and you need not be concerned at all.

I know D2 was rampant with duping, but i don't think that accounts for the majority of the drops. I saw quite a few drops riding hell Baal runs.

The problem is that Legendary items will keep dropping, and never leave the system (except HC of course). If Legendary items are the absolute best, eventually everyone (or a significant chuck) of the player base will have one for XYZ slot.

The best items will be very uncommon rares

Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand...

Its hard for me to understand because I haven't seen / read it anywhere, and it certainly isn't true in D2:LoD. At higher levels, every character looks the same as every other char of the same class because everyone wants the same unique items in every slot.

*Edit*

Hopefully dyes will make a difference... I'm just afraid it'll be like WoW:BC where everyone would stand on top of the battle masters and every warrior / pally / druid / shaman etc looked exactly the same = ( I don't want to be able to look at someone and instantly know what 75% of their gear is.
Edited by Kuyu on 9/27/2011 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I think most of the players on these forums who post, want one of two things. They either want legendarys to be the end all be all for the best items in game, or they want blues and individuality to reign supreme. I just do not want to have CCB with 6 MF gems in both hands, so that i have a chance to get a set piece which i would much rather wear than the blue aquamarine chestguard of indigo replication. You cant be badass when youre armor says that.
Reply Quote

Its hard for me to understand because I haven't seen / read it anywhere, and it certainly isn't true in D2:LoD.

It is absolutely true in Diablo 2 (in some cases), except for crafted items, which can be even better.

Slots where rares can be best:
-helm (rare circlets and etc)
-ammy
-weapon (for melee, not really caster)
-gloves (usually for zons)
-rings (more for casters)
-belt (on occasion, does not influence looks anyway)
-boots

The only ones that actually influenced the look of a character as far as I know are armour, helm, weapon, shield.

So yes, in general a lot of people wore the same armour and shield. Weapons too (ebotd/greif zerk/etc). Many people wore shako.

Just because it's possible in Diablo 2 and 3 doesn't mean it's likely. It is much harder to find a great rare than a legendary (with half or more static good properties).

So yes, people will wear a lot of the same stuff again in Diablo 3. Hopefully crafting decent rares can prevent this some, and dyes should be helpful too.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
+1 Hefty
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
sure people might look the same at one point in time, but i gotta say i'm pretty sure that might be a while how long did it take to get through norm nm hell in d2?? not the rush part... the actual part of getting through it is going to take a while for people to get through all the difficulties and then there is 4th difficulty where all the mobs are higher lvl then you and diff mobs thoughout the acts and what not it will be very to do inferno difficuly which is where im sure alot of the better leg items wil drop. thats the way i see it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]