Diablo® III

Beta Codes went out to GameStop Employees

66 Undead Priest
I have 2 buddies who are store managers at GameStop and they both got codes last night for signing up at the Vendor Show in Vegas last month, so alot of invites went to the employees.

*****EDIT*****

The point Im trying to make is that even though they had SOME opt ins receive codes, GameStop employees would be the next to get in under F&F and Media/Press. So Im thinking a full opt in wave still hasn't gone out yet that doesn't have anything to do with the industry.
Edited by Sykez on 9/27/2011 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
But do they have Battle Toads for sale?
Reply Quote
Will they give beta key if we pre-order?
Reply Quote
66 Undead Priest
09/27/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Dartch

Dont think so
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Priest
09/27/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Dartch
I already pre-ordered form gamestop, i have no beta key, they Manger at gamestop said he hasn't got one, and they don't know if they will give out beta keys for pre-orders.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Marketing.

Nerd: "Hey, I heard you got into D3 Beta?"

GameStop person: "Yep, it's super awesome. Want to pre-order? You can get your Collector's Gold Plated Copy if you reserve it now."

Nerd: "Oh my garsh please take my money away."
Reply Quote
wow, thats 100% annoying
Reply Quote
Marketing.

GameStop person: "Yep, it's super awesome. Want to pre-order? You can get your Collector's Gold Plated Copy if you reserve it now."

This

Reply Quote
09/27/2011 12:31 PMPosted by CoolWhip
But do they have Battle Toads for sale?

No, but they recently had a fire sale on morals.... Unfortunately, they're completely out of stock now. :(
Reply Quote
Marketing.

This ^
Reply Quote
66 Undead Priest
09/27/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Anti
wow, thats 100% annoying

Yeah I was a bit bummed when I found out. It sucked even more talking to him while I could hear him playing it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I think it's time to accept that the first wave of public opt-ins have gone out. A whole bunch of folks were on the forums yesterday confirming they are in, not all of them work for game stop.

But, don't lose hope, they will still send more invites. Don't ask me when, I hope this week sees some more but I'd say start of next week should be a safe bet. Considering that invites have gone out at the start of the last 3 weeks now.
Reply Quote
09/27/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Anti
wow, thats 100% annoying

Being a Gamestop manager is a horrible job. The only thing that really makes it worthwhile is the big Vegas managers conference where all the major game companies kiss your butt for 3 days so you will push their games more to the general public.

You have nothing of real value to offer game companies so they don't give you anything for free. These guys do, so they get free stuff that you want, and would probably appreciate more too.

Welcome to the real world. This is how it works.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]