Diablo® III

Projectiles (Arrows or Bolts) move too slowly

I was really excited to play the Demon Hunter, Until I did.

Of the skills available I feel like Projectiles move too slowly, for that matter the rate of fire on bows and 2-handed crossbows seems excessively slow as well. I feel like I'm using a Heavy Crossbow from Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Wow that's depressing my favorite thing about my amazon in Diablo 2 was how fast she attacked (I usually played her with a paladin who used fanaticism), she was at max attacks per second and when i would strafe the tail of the first arrow was the tip of the next. I got the feeling that if was the same feeling players in shooters get when they use a machine gun.
Reply Quote
You are probably comparing your decked out Diablo 2 Amazon to a brand new Diablo 3 Demon Hunter. Of course it will feel slow, you will be able to get a lot of attack speed from gear to get back to what you remember. You could even use Shadow Power for the 50% attack speed boost.
Reply Quote
Perhaps its too early to tell, but from what I've played I was not impressed.

Discipline seems unnecessary to me. Hatred is on its way to becoming half Spirit, half Arcane Power, which makes it unique sort of, but not really.

Each active ability we have access to under level 14 is overall underwhelming to me thus far.

I would like to see runes show up in the beta for level 13 characters.

Most likely I'll start with the Monk or Wizard first. The destructive force they posses seems much greater than the other classes to me.
Reply Quote
Perhaps its too early to tell, but from what I've played I was not impressed.

Discipline seems unnecessary to me. Hatred is on its way to becoming half Spirit, half Arcane Power, which makes it unique sort of, but not really.

Each active ability we have access to under level 14 is overall underwhelming to me thus far.

I would like to see runes show up in the beta for level 13 characters.

Most likely I'll start with the Monk or Wizard first. The destructive force they posses seems much greater than the other classes to me.

Discipline is perfectly necessary. Other than Preparation, which generates Discipline, none of the Demon Hunter's utility/defensive abilities have cooldowns. What this suggests is that Discipline acts as a universal cooldown for all abilties, that can be stored for burst usage.

It's true that Hatred isn't completely unique, but I don't see why it needs to be. You say it is half Spirit, half Arcane Power, but I think if you really look at the resource systems, you'll see a pattern.

Fury ------------------ Generated via specific skills. Decays over time. Small pool.
Spirit ----------------- Generated via specific skills. Does not decay. Small pool.
Hatred --------------- Generated via specific skills. Slowly regenerates. Small pool.
Arcane Power ---- May be generated via skills. Rapidly regenerates. Small pool.
Mana ---------------- May be generated via skills. Slowly regenerates. Large pool.

Notice how the first four (new) resources are each a step away from the need to constantly use generators and stay in combat. Effectively, all of them are derived from the opposite philosophy of Mana, which we can call Energy. Instead of a large pool acting as a long term limiter, you have a small pool acting as a short term limiter.

Beyond that... Entangling Shot, Bola, Hungering Arrow, Impale. All awesome skills. Plus more.
Edited by Acaelus on 9/28/2011 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No one in diablo 2 shot like a machine gun at level 10. Things like fanaticism and faster attack speed on all your gear to hit the last break point achieved machine gun status. Since diablo 3 has SOOO many more breakpoints than what diablo 2 had you should be able to shoot faster than in diablo 2.
Reply Quote
A very good point, forgot to take into account the level and gear.
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Warrior
No one in diablo 2 could duel wield crossbows though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i could never understand ppl who b$%^h an complain about low lvls.. hello.. your a low lvl of corse u dont attack as fast as ur lvl 85+ zon with +how much attack speed??

be reasonable pplz.

i wish i was in the beta and here this guy is complining that his lv 10 isnt as fast a shooter as his zon from d2.. why are pplz like that? answer me that..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]