Diablo® III

Forthcoming Diablo III Novel by Nate Kenyon

Nate Kenyon, Bram Stoker Award finalist and author of the recently released StarCraft: Ghost: Spectre revealed in a interview hosted by Blizzplanet he just completed a "really fun book and a big [Diablo] book" that is expect to be due early next year.

Title and plot remains unknown for now, but lets speculate! Deckard Cain and Leah's hunt gathering prophecy fragments?

Source Link: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-novel-by-nate-kenyon-in-the-horizon (Follow the Interview link and skip to 13:35 from the horse's mouth.)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
HMmm
I hope this is not the Book of Cain after all.
Reply Quote
Hi Brunobyof. The Diablo III: Book of Cain is not a novel. It's the official encyclopedia of the Diablo Universe written from the point of view of Deckard Cain. Full of info and illustrations about the different lands, bestiary and races of Sanctuary, the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.

Nate Kenyon's novel is the first one to be published since 2007's Diablo: The Sin War, book 3: The Veiled Prophet.

There have been a few reprints like the Diablo Archive, and the upcoming Diablo: The Sin War Archive -- but Nate Kenyon's is brand-new novel based on Diablo III. The book comes out around March 2012 according to Amazon.

I really hope Blizzard give us several novels. So much groundwork to cover.
Reply Quote
Hey MD! (Or is it you Eldorion?)

Oh, I didn't think page would be already made until latter.

Found the Amazon page to Nate Kenyon's upcoming D3 novel and the page count defiantly makes this a novel verse Book of Cain's 148 pages: http://www.amazon.com/Untitled-Nate-Kenyon/dp/141655078X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317471810&sr=1-1

PRODUCT DETAILS
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (March 27, 2012)

List Price: $26.00
Price: $17.16 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
You Save: $8.84 (34%)

Exciting new Diablo literature. I hope with upcoming game release and Keynon's new book this will open the floodgates of more Diablo III-era novels.

I still like to see Blizzard cover Diablo: The Dark Exile Trilogy onto paper. That would a worthy and welcomed addition in the expanded universe of Sanctuary's background history and lore. (Just imagine of the many possible novel/archive art covers.)
Reply Quote
I'd like to know more about the inner workings of King Leroic's court, and a take on the events of D1, Hope it is referenced in flashbacks.
Reply Quote
A pre-D1 novel on Leoric's background (oversea accounts, being made king, Diablo's attempted possession, Lachdanan etc.) up to the coming of Aiden to end his father's madness would be a interesting story.

(Spoilers) From what I noted in beta videos a Chancellor Eamon (grandfather of the D3 Blacksmith) had origins in Caldeum before leaving his family for Tristram. He was the only sane member in Leoric's court to mange the terror wrought by his king and help the citizens before dying of a old wound.

But a D1 novelization is something we can do without for a while I think. I can't think how much more elaborate Blizzard can get with D1 story unless a large portion devoted to Aiden prior to coming to Tristram or another's POV.
Reply Quote
A pre-D1 novel on Leoric's background (oversea accounts, being made king, Diablo's attempted possession, Lachdanan etc.) up to the coming of Aiden to end his father's madness would be a interesting story.

(Spoilers) From what I noted in beta videos a Chancellor Eamon (grandfather of the D3 Blacksmith) had origins in Caldeum before leaving his family for Tristram. He was the only sane member in Leoric's court to mange the terror wrought by his king and help the citizens before dying of a old wound.

But a D1 novelization is something we can do without for a while I think. I can't think how much more elaborate Blizzard can get with D1 story unless a large portion devoted to Aiden prior to coming to Tristram or another's POV.

Perhaps, I certainly wouldn't want THAT story handled by Knaak
Reply Quote
Little extra info on what timeline Kenyon's Diablo III novel set in risen at the New York ComicCon. http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/new-york-comic-con-2011-blizzplanet-nate-kenyon-book-signing Not much, but I expect as much being a prequel novel to Diablo III.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]