Diablo® III

Post your highest DPS% builds here

This is the build I have for pure damage right now, but it has no mana efficenty, so will require gear to maintain. With items you can covert damage to life and with the blood ritual I can use life as mana.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#abWThR!cXd!YYYZcZ

Survivability: Pets + 70% damage absorbed by dogs

Mana: Blood Ritual + Gear that will convert damage to life.

Buffs: Pierce the Veil + Provoke the Pack (Depending on how it works could give up to 180% extra damage)

Single Target: Dogs + Splinters + Gargantuan + Spider Queen = 1758.4% damage per sec without any gear and does not take into consideration the physical hits the pets are doing to the target

Aoe: Sacrifice + Spider Queen + Corpse Bomb + Big Stinker (Can actually perform 3 of these at the sametime) = 1324.4% damage per sec without any gear

Until I get gear for that spec I will simply change it up just a bit:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#abgThR!Xdf!YYbZcZ

What builds have you found that equal to a lot of dps?
Edited by gsnurr on 9/30/2011 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, this is what I'm thinking. Let me know your thoughts:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hfbkjP!bXV!cYZaZc
Reply Quote
Ok, this is what I'm thinking. Let me know your thoughts:

<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hfbkjP!bXV!cYZaZc"></a>

With 4 dogs out and each doing 70%/s that's 280%/s
Gargantuan 45%/s
Wall of Zombies 325%
Army 106%

I only added your moves that you could do at the sametime as well as your highest hitters, so it came out to 766%, but that's only if your fetish army is out, have all 4 dogs out, doesn't include what mass confusion will do, doesn't include physical damage from pets, and doesn't include thorns on your pets.

I would personally remove firebomb since your using wall of zombies like that and switch it with something else that can either be used simultaneously with the rest of your moves or something that will add buffs/debuffs and/or survivability.
Edited by gsnurr on 9/29/2011 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was thinking firebomb is a repeatable skill while wall of zombies is needed every 10 seconds or so. I wanted 1 skill that would be repeatable while all of my other skills are tearing up the battlefield. Poison dart was an option, but I think fire bomb is better.
Reply Quote
So this is my build : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZXYbcg!bXd!ZZcZbZ

I didn't go into calculations like you, but just by the looks of it, it seems to be a pretty solid build imo. 2 Main sources of dps are Toads (spammable) and Zombie charger w/ a crimson so zombie bears for AOE. Grasp of the dead serves the purpose of CC since it has the obsidian, Haunt gives you mana regen and some good dps as well and finally ending with soul harvest in case i need health, and also provides a nice buff with attack. Passives are there was well, which i feel are balanced.. I feel theres a good damage output and also some nice survivability. Let me know your opinion
Edited by Blackpanda on 9/29/2011 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/29/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Captain
I was thinking firebomb is a repeatable skill while wall of zombies is needed every 10 seconds or so. I wanted 1 skill that would be repeatable while all of my other skills are tearing up the battlefield. Poison dart was an option, but I think fire bomb is better.

If you want something that is fast, then keep it. If you mean something mana efficent, then I would just swap firebomb for soul harvest (Golden Ruenstone) and then you could just spam Wall of Zombies (Pile On).
Reply Quote
Hate soul harvest and the arms, but I love the toads. I didn't notice the rune upgrade on it. Its great.
Reply Quote
Ya, I do need some kind of mana regen.
Reply Quote
So this is my build : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZXYbcg!bXd!ZZcZbZ

I didn't go into calculations like you, but just by the looks of it, it seems to be a pretty solid build imo. 2 Main sources of dps are Toads (spammable) and Zombie charger w/ a crimson so zombie bears for AOE. Grasp of the dead serves the purpose of CC since it has the obsidian, Haunt gives you mana regen and some good dps as well and finally ending with soul harvest in case i need health, and also provides a nice buff with attack. Passives are there was well, which i feel are balanced.. I feel theres a good damage output and also some nice survivability. Let me know your opinion

I either swap out toads or the zombie chargers because they are very similar to each other and go with something more versatile. Maybe something long range since both of those are close range. Something like that.
Edited by gsnurr on 9/29/2011 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Single target DPS build:

8,438% weapon damage per second anytime

11,991% weapon damage per second for 8 seconds every minute

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bThjdZ!XZd!ZZYZaZ

Plague of Toads = 341% x 3 toads = 1,023%; with Vermin, Pierce the Veil, and Provoke the Pack = 3,069%

Zombie Dogs = 70% x 4 dogs = 280%; with Pierce the Veil, and Provoke the Pack = 784%

Gargantuan = 210%; with Pierce the Veil, and Provoke the Pack = 588%

Total before debuffs: 4,441% weapon damage per second

Vs. Hexed target: 8,438% weapon damage per second

Vs. Hexed and Mass Confused target: 11,991% weapon damage per second

This assumes you can cast Plague of Toads once per second, and Gargantuan attacks once per second. It does not include Sacrifice damage or Zombie Dog white damage. This also requires you to be right next to your single target so that all 3 toads hit, which might get you killed. Finally, you will have to cast your Zombie Dogs, wait a minute for the cooldown to refresh, then Sacrifice, and then recast Zombie Dogs to have both the Zombie Dog fire damage and Provoke the Pack.

For more consistent damage, you could swap out Mass Confusion for Soul Harvest for the passive attack buff. For more burst damage, you could swap out Gargantuan for Big Bad Voodoo Crimson.
Edited by Uberstein on 9/30/2011 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Single target DPS build:

8,438% weapon damage per second anytime

11,991% weapon damage per second for 8 seconds every minute

<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bThgdZ!XZd!ZZYbaZ">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bThgdZ!XZd!ZZYbaZ</a>

Plague of Toads = 341% x 3 toads = 1,023%; with Vermin, Pierce the Veil, and Provoke the Pack = 3,069%

Zombie Dogs = 70% x 4 dogs = 280%; with Pierce the Veil, and Provoke the Pack = 784%

Gargantuan = 210%; with Pierce the Veil, and Provoke the Pack = 588%

Total before debuffs: 4,441% weapon damage per second

Vs. Hexed target: 8,438% weapon damage per second

Vs. Hexed and Mass Confused target: 11,991% weapon damage per second

This assumes you can cast Plague of Toads once per second, and Gargantuan attacks once per second. It does not include Sacrifice damage or Zombie Dog white damage. This also requires you to be right next to your single target so that all 3 toads hit, which might get you killed. Finally, you will have to cast your Zombie Dogs, wait a minute for the cooldown to refresh, then Sacrifice, and then recast Zombie Dogs to have both the Zombie Dog fire damage and Provoke the Pack.

For more consistent damage, you could swap out Mass Confusion for Soul Harvest for the passive attack buff. For more burst damage, you could swap out Gargantuan for Big Bad Voodoo Crimson.

I really like your build here for single target dps. In comparison to mine it seems really high, but my aoe damage doesn't take into consideration per mob hit where because you have 3 toads you instantly get the 3x multiplier. Mine actually multiples per target (yours should to an extent), so if I can hit actually 10 targets at once it's times 10 and so on. Now my single target definitely can't hit as high as this, but as shown yours is built for single target. I personally have looked at toads a lot, but I hate getting that close as a caster.

On another note, this is more of a burst damage build as you said you can't always have confusion up and it's very doubtful hex and/or confusion will work on mini-bosses/bosses (this is just speculation of course). However, for regular mobs this is great. I don't see your damage being at 8,438% very often as shown by the videos the hex cast is not very often, but even being able to do it on a mob here and there is great. Just food for thought.
Edited by gsnurr on 9/30/2011 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed. This build was very theoretical.

Hex in particular looks like a very bad skill and I won't be taking it unless it works on bosses. Obviously Blizz won't let us turn the Siegebreaker Assualt Beast into a chicken, but it would be nice if the debuff still worked so that the boss takes 90% more damage (from allies too). It would be an easier skill to swallow if the shaman was able to hex 2 or 3 enemies in the 8 seconds he's up too.

At lunchtime I'll put up an AOE build.
Reply Quote
Agreed. This build was very theoretical.

Hex in particular looks like a very bad skill and I won't be taking it unless it works on bosses. Obviously Blizz won't let us turn the Siegebreaker Assualt Beast into a chicken, but it would be nice if the debuff still worked so that the boss takes 90% more damage (from allies too). It would be an easier skill to swallow if the shaman was able to hex 2 or 3 enemies in the 8 seconds he's up too.

At lunchtime I'll put up an AOE build.

I really wish the hex cast was faster. If it was, it would make me want to use it. After watching the current videos of it in action though, it seems like 1 chicken per use of the spell. Maybe it's two as I'm not totally sure. I just know it's not very much. If it works in PvP, which seems doubtful as I think it would be OP, that would be awesome.

Could you imagine using your build in PvP if everything worked? My god. People would drop!
Edited by gsnurr on 9/30/2011 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow. very very interesting theory here

Corpse bomb, highest damage but also highest mana costing spell

Add in blood ritual which is absolutely ridiculous, why would you opt to cast using health and screw your survivability

But in combination with zombie dogs with indigo = they are taking most of the damage from your acid bomb, spread amongst them

Personally it think it's brilliant.

Consider adding in hex with golden rune to keep everything alive and you can spam to your hearts content.
Reply Quote
09/30/2011 05:32 PMPosted by Haggis
Consider adding in hex with golden rune to keep everything alive and you can spam to your hearts content.

That is something I'm seriously considering, but will have to see how this all works in-game of course. I know with the gear I want to eventually have would make this build completely work with ease. Possibly, to the extent of even removing the indigo from the dogs and replacing it with a crimson. That would be a lot of extra damage. Most the gear I want adds on huge life %'s and life steal, but I also won't miss out on any of the big damage increase items either.

Thanks for your input.
Reply Quote
Gear to support the build would be something like this:

http://d3db.com/tool/planner/witchdoctor/20145
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cVgbTQ!XbZ!bZYZZY

heres my crack at it, basically a direbats burn spec, with long buffs and haunt for single target/ mana regen
Edited by CaseyJones on 10/2/2011 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Grannymal
Single Target: Dogs + Splinters

I rather doubt that Splinters shoots all 8 darts at one target. For one splinters the word sounds like it shoots in different directions, and for two there would be no reason to pick crimson dart if that were the case. You can also check the barbarian's ancient spear for comparison; it has a rune to shoot 8 harpoons, I doubt they fire in the same direction because another rune does the same thing, allowing the one harpoon to pierce 8 targets.

I've wondered this myself, but if splinters does spread I will be going with the crimson rune.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]