Diablo® III

Does Soul Harvest have a mana cost?

Rush of Essence returns 200% of the mana cost of spirit spells, which includes soul harvest. However, the tool tip only says it has a cooldown of 15 seconds, no mana cost is stated.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#VRcgbh!XWd!ZabcaY

If it does not have a mana cost that would be pretty intense and i would probably change my passives and runes a bit.
Reply Quote
Soul Harvest is unlocked at level 14, so I don't think anyone here knows the answer.

I'm more curious to know whether Rush of Essence stacks. I think it probably has to, maybe not infinitely, but perhaps 3 or 4 times, since Spiritual Attunement regenerates 2% of your mana per second, meaning it would 20% of your mana in that same 10-second window. And that's really 24% of your pre-skill choice max mana, since SA comes with a 20% boost to max mana. So unless typical Spirit spells cost more than 12% of your max mana, there would be no reason to ever take Rush of Essence. And that doesn't seem too likely, since so far, Spirit spells look like they are pretty cheap (the most expensive Spirit spell costs the same as the least expensive Physical spell, which is also one-third the cost of the most expensive physical spell).
Reply Quote
Well that all depends on your maximum mana. If it turns out that Soul Harvest does have a mana cost, which I am assuming it is going to since it is listed under Rush of Essence, it could be beneficial to have Rush over SA. Since haunt and soul harvest are DoT (Soul is not exactly I know) the return over 10 seconds is not really a big deal anyways. You do bring up good points though, we will have to wait and see when things are done being tweaked.

As for stacking, judging by the way it is worded I am assuming each cast of a Spirit spell starts a new regen cycle. There may be a global cooldown seen or unseen though.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
given how specifically things are worded, i imagine they would specify whether something stacks or not. we'll find out when we can get access to the spells :/
Reply Quote
Soul Harvest doesn't appear to do damage and its on a cooldown. Its more of a buff spell it seems.
Reply Quote
Yeah I realize it does not do damage (unruned at least) but you still think a buff would require some sort of resource to use, look at all of the barbs that cost fury. Then again the tooltips are not final we will see. It just seemed odd to include it in rush of essence when it has no apparent mana cost.
Reply Quote
I think it's just there to tell you what the spirit spells are, not saying that it is triggered by all of them, but you could be right.
Reply Quote
I could tend to agree with you but the spells are listed themselves under the Spirit category, seems redundant. But of course nothing is final so we will see, even if it does not have a mana cost the passive is easily replaced.

Edit: it is also worth noting mass confusion is not included on the list under Rush of Essence, implying it is listing spells it effects, not restating the spirit tree.
Edited by Pancakes on 10/2/2011 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In beta, right now, no mana is written on the tooltip. So it seems it doesn't cost any mana.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I'd assume that they're going to work it out so that if you have 3+ spirit abilities, rush essence becomes more beneficial than other mana-restorative passives. Any speculation as to how is merely that - speculation.
Reply Quote
10/03/2011 07:39 AMPosted by DrVik
In beta, right now, no mana is written on the tooltip. So it seems it doesn't cost any mana.

Oh that is actually helpful, thanks lucky beta tester.

10/03/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Trangoul
I'd assume that they're going to work it out so that if you have 3+ spirit abilities, rush essence becomes more beneficial than other mana-restorative passives. Any speculation as to how is merely that - speculation.

Indeed that is all anything is at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]