Diablo® III

Strafe does what?

84 Human Warrior
Obviously nobody has played it so no true answer exists.

200% attack speed. Each shot does 50% weapon damage.

Has anybody learned anything from lvl 13 that suggest these values don't just cancel each other out?

So you toggle strafe to "generate" a hatred of minus 2 a second, move at 65% your normal speed, and use a rune.

I would speculate that it could be a diablo 2 sorc's thunderstorm(?) ability that you just toggle on and it just goes off. However based on other comments about monk mantras that seems like a no go because its too close to a passive.

All we've got is the skill tooltip, but it seems like that alone shows the skill to be a negative and not a positive. "200% attack speed, 50% dmg, 65% run speed, 2 hatred a second" Where is the "good" in that skill tooltip?
Reply Quote
The point is you are able to attack while moving and with natural hatred regeneration, you will be gaining hatred while you do it. (Assuming 5 hatred per second, they said it would be about half of current which is 10 per second)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Runes can further improve it.

Though I don't see much use for it as it currently stands. I mean shooting as you move isn't bad, but I couldn't justify taking it over most anything else.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOcz4X_FkFs

At 12 seconds, you can see what is most probably strafe with either Crimson or Obsidian Rune.
Reply Quote
The best potential generator for damage is Hungering Arrow. It deals 115% weapon damage and has various runes to up the damage.

naturally dealing 50% weapon damage and moving doesn't sound so good but if you actually think about it...

Every shot deals 50% weapon damage AT 200% your normal attack speed meaning the skill is really doing 100% weapon damage (only 15% less than HA).

Now add on Rocket Storm (Obsidian rune) and it now fires off rockets (plural) for 120% damage in ADDITION to it's already 100% damage.

And finally you add the level 30 passive Ballistics making your rockets deal 240% damage.

How many rockets does it fire? I would guess 2-3.

To me that spells S E X for boss fights. You have mobility and dealing tons of damage when those rockets nail that demon in it's ugly little face.

+Marked for Death
+Spider Companion(slows) & Passive to deal 20% extra damage to slowed.
= gg
Edited by Khrono on 10/18/2011 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]