Diablo® III

DW vs 2H damage

This is probably a noob question, but how do abilities that scale off weapon damage work with DW? Is it a combination? Just main hand? Does it switch between main and off?
Reply Quote
you should probably clarify you trying to say "duel wield" took me about 45 seconds or rereading to figure out what you meant.

it most likely whatever weapon in currently being swung with (barb) or firing (DH).

but then i really don't know, becuase the monk dones't use his weapons. So maybe it is the average (mean).
Edited by FurryFury on 10/5/2011 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
i believe

with 2 1 handers you attack more often and the weapon you are swining when you use a skill is the one that gets used by the skill. so the skills don't hit as hard

with a 2hander you cast/attack less often but do more damage

Reply Quote
you should probably clarify you trying to say "dual wield" took me about 45 seconds or rereading to figure out what you meant.
Fixed that for ya.

10/05/2011 03:52 PMPosted by Shaal
This is probably a noob question, but how do abilities that scale off weapon damage work with DW? Is it a combination? Just main hand? Does it switch between main and off?
When using a 2h or generally slower weapon types your skills will hit for more damage. I'll link the thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3229384602#11
Edited by Iria on 10/5/2011 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In a nutshell...

The damage will be about the same.

Two-handers will build and spend resources slower. They will deal more damage per attack.

Dual-wielding will build and spend resources faster. They will deal less damage per attack.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the link! That's exactly what i was looking for!

And thanks to the rest of you for the replies
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]