Diablo® III

New Official 'Book of Cain' Details & Goodies

Hmm, I'm surprise no one posted this tidbit of lore news yet... So here C&P link and info: http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Book-Cain-Deckard/dp/1608870634/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317082053&sr=1-1

EDITORIAL REVIEWS
Product Description
In Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo® and Diablo II, the recurring character of Deckard Cain delivered quests, accompanied the brave adventurer, and, as the last of the Horadrim, provided a link to the greater history of the world of Sanctuary. Ever mysterious during these appearances, Cain hinted at a larger story, providing snippets of it in his notebook. Diablo III: Book of Cain is Cain’s formal record of this greater tale—a dissertation on the lore of the Diablo universe, told by one who has witnessed and participated in some of the epic events that make up the eternal conflict between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.

Designed as an “in-world” artifact from the Diablo universe, Diablo III: Book of Cain includes Cain’s revealing meditations, as well as dozens of sketches and color artworks depicting the angelic and demonic beings who wage constant war with one another.

About the Author
Deckard Cain, also known as Cain the Elder, is the last living human in the line of Horadric mages (the Horadrim) and the descendant of Jered Cain, who imprisoned Diablo. Cain’s journal and experience help shape the lore of Diablo III, providing a detailed account of Sanctuary’s history and recent events.

Blizzard Entertainment: Known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes thirteen #1-selling games and numerous Game of the Year awards.
PRODUCT DETAILS
Hardcover: 148 pages
Publisher: Insight Editions (November 25, 2011)
Language: English

BTW to note, the release date has been shifted from November 15th to the 25th (unless other factors interfere) and Diablo's head as the art cover for Book of Cain been change dragain verse the one preview at ComicCon.
Plus eight magnificent teasing images are also available to view. Arranged by those visibly titled:
    - 1) Diablo III: Book of Cain cover
    - 2) The Dawn - Anu and the Dragon
    - 4) The Eternal Conflict
    - 7) The Neztem Petroglyphs & The Prime Evils - The Lords of the Burning Hells
    - 8) Diablo, The Lord of Terror
    - 9) Baal, The Lord of Destruction
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I gotta go preorder that now. :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
DUUUUUDE this is awesome...
I hope they are gonna sell this here on my country too.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
Has some potential to be pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
Added to wishlist. Going on my Christmas wishlist this year :).
Reply Quote
Once again Blizzplanet mange to transcrip the details regarding Book of Cain at the NYCC 2011's Insight Editions Complete Catalog. http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/new-york-comic-con-2011-diablo-iii-book-of-cain

Two other art pages titled included:
- Diablo - his true form is a lie
- Silver City (?) and Angiris Council
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]